The X-Factor: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Steve Jones has turned down his ireverence I remembered from when I used to live in the UK and would watch the weird teen/YA block of programming he did "T4" and he has a nice hairy chest :P

As for the show, I admit nobody really impressed me, at least all that much--but, while I'm no big fan of Lomox, I do agree that he was completely elet down by his song and that was nearly all on Reid. I do enjoy (it's the camp factor) the over the top production numbers they do for most of the songs, which is one reason I watched the Uk version long after losing all interest in Idol, but the US stage actually looks almost too big and busy.

• Administrator

When I heard that 5 people/group were going home tonight, I predicted all the ones that were going home tonight before the show started. LOL I had a feeling that Tiah and Simone were going to get cut because they wouldn't get the support from Paula, Nicole or LA when it came down to the judges voting. Dexter, Brewer Boys and Phillip were all obvious choices to get the boot.

My first props has got to go to my girl, Drew. Of course she was my favorite out of the girls tonight. She always hits it out of the park with these ballads and I can't wait to see what she does with faster songs. I think that will come next week. What can you say about Melanie? Fantastic voice and performance tonight. Like Drew, I would like to see her do a faster pop song next week.

Best performances from the Boys was Astro. This young kid has got the skills, stage performing, and swagger down to be a hip hop artist. No matter what happens in this competition, I hope LA signs him to a contract and slowly builds his career like he did with Justin Bieber and Rihanna and Usher. I don't Chris Rene is the best live performer right now, he has to work on that. But I can see him recording really great songs. It wasn't Chris' best performance tonight, but I"m glad he was given another chance by LA.

Loved the StereoHogzz out of the groups and of course my gorgeous girls, Lakado Rayne.

Don't really care for the over 30's anymore. LOL

Next week. The judges cutting people right away is something new. I don't remember seeing this in the UK version.

Archived