The X-Factor: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I'm rooting for them too and I think they have lots of potential too. Being so beautiful, they are very marketable. I hope they stay in the pop/country genre and stay away from the pop/dance acts like Pussycat Dolls, Girlicious. I could see them opening up at Taylor Swift concerts.

• Members

I think a group can win and this season that category is doing well in the UK. People always say Over 30s and Groups can't win, but just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it can't. JLS made it to the finals and are now one of the biggest acts in the UK. The first season of UK X Factor was won by someone in the Over 25 category. Also a recent success story is Olly Murs whose been having #1 singles and is also the host of Xtra Factor.

Now this season I can't see a group winning (unless Lakoda MAJORLY improves and Paula picks better songs), but I could maybe see Stacey or Josh winning in Nicole's category. I don't think either should win, but it could happen. I do think they'd need a better, more creative mentor to win. I think Cheryl would've done wonders with Stacey and made her the popstar she wants to be.

• Administrator

I do not see Simon or LA Reid "letting" anyone in the over 30's winning, especially this year. LA Reid is really good with young acts and grooming them into stars. And the winner signs a record deal with Epic records/Sony Records, where LA is the President. I could see him have the most success with Astro.

• Members

I really, really love Lakoda Rayne. They are so good! My favorite girl is the one who was wearing the yellow dress wub.png She is so freaking hot & I think she has the most stage presence and charm.

For once I wish there was a rapper who didn't have as much of an ego, "swagger" and attitude like Astro. IMO that is NOT how all rappers have to be. I wish there were more hip hop artists who are confident but don't have that usual persona most hip hop artists seem to exude.

Ugh, Stacey Francis. Stank bitch. I really thought she was gonna go home! I was loving watching her not get called! Her face got more and more scared. LOL. Then she got called dry.png I think she's being kept on for the buzz she's generating.

I LOL every time they play that clip of her saying "I can't die with this music in me, Simon" rolleyes.gif Bitch, PLEASE! You have had a career singing in the past, as confirmed by the SEVERAL reports that have exposed your past. I wonder what the judges really think of her now?

Still don't get what's so great about Drew. I fail to see how her performance was impressive...I thought it was pretty bad. Maybe her voice is good, I just don't like how she sings at all. And LOL at her performance starting with her laying in a bunch of pink flower petals.

So glad the Stereo Hogz were saved. I felt really bad for InTENsity though, omg that little girl crying each time they were striked against was SO HARD to watch! Just devastating!

One thing about the hogz, they seem to rely heavily on that one guy whose always in the middle - LOL he's the only one who sings and gets to shine. That's pretty bad. I want to hear some of the other guys to.

Chris Rene is fading...haven't been feeling him these last 3 shows.

Also did anyone notice during the big performance on the results show, LeRoy Bell messed up and went out of synch with the song laugh.png it was so obvious he was lip synching!! Embarrasing!

• Members

Simone battle thinks she's Rebecca Black. :lol:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0t1KsD9ACk?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0t1KsD9ACk?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0t1KsD9ACk?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

• Members

Or because she sings very well and people are voting for her.

If 99.9999999999999% of the world didn't hear about her before X-Factor, and they didn't - there's no reason she shouldn't be on the show due to having a few singing gigs.

Simone is crazy in a bad way, lol.

I had felt Paula was crazy in a bad way for keeping InTENsity but their performances were really good. There were definitely about five acts that I felt should have gone before them.

• Members

I didn't agree with LA about Melanie but LA was right on about Drew. I don't think Melanie was as brilliant as she could be on the song though. It wasn't everything Simon was saying it was. She did improve from last week and she does rock the Michael Jackson songs.

I've liked Astro and Paula's girl group the most so far tonite. Astro is arrogant but he is really talented.

Archived