The X-Factor: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I cannot believe Simon copied Gamu's performance of You're My Sunshine, including HER re-written lyrics and tried to pass it off as fresh and original. He actually didn't even like the lyric change originally! I hope he gets slammed for that. X Factor manipulation at it's best. The biggest show however, was Nicole attempting to judge and mentor lol. Talk about useless! She had absolutely nothing to offer in either category. And I still say it's a BIG mistake to make Stacey a matronly church singer. They need to modernize her. Do some Mary J or Fantasia. Something contemporary with her and an uptempo.

Stereo Hoggz (BRILLIANT song choice) did good and overall it was better than last week, but this version doesn't compare to the UK. I cannot wait for this weekend with Kelly Rowland back from her sick leave.

• Administrator

The Lakoda Rayne girls were so gorgeous in their gowns. :wub: Glad to see Drew sing a bit of a faster song.

Prediction on the bottom two for this week: InTENsity vs Leroy. LA will vote to keep InTENsity, and so will Simon with the final vote. Leroy is out 3-1. Though I hope Stacy goes.

My refined final four:

Simon: Drew

Paula: StereoHoggz

Nicole: Josh

LA: Astro

Astro just keeps getting better and better while Chris is struggling a bit. Plus, I think LA sees more of a future with Astro. I also changed my Nicole-pick from Stacy to Josh.

• Members

Stereo Hoggz are entertaining, but the vocals are terrible. They also aren't nearly as good as that other boy band Paula turned down at Judges House. I wanna say their name was 4 Squared, but they were a stronger unit. Stereo Hoggz needs to put the other boys in the spotlight more.Intensity needed to go so that was a good result. They should've never been taken to the live shows so Paula shot herself in the foot.

I hope next week these lame judges (especially out of touch Simon) get honest and start telling these acts the truth. That's the only way they will improve. Besides, it's just more interesting. Oh how I wish Kelly Rowland had brought her sass to the US version.

• Administrator

Woah, has the UK version ever had the bottom two belong to one judge/mentor? I don't remember that happening before so I was shocked when two of Paula's acts were in the bottom two. The saddest moment was when Paula chose to send InTENsity home and they cut to the group and the little girl just started to bawl her eyes out, and the white brunette started to cry too. That's like your mother choosing your sibling as her favorite. It was heartbreaking. Simon's vote to keep InTENsity was a pity vote. No way he would've voted to boot Stereo Hogzz if there was a remote chance they could go home.

Well, my favorites stayed safe this week. Man, when you're invested in your favorites, it gets tough to watch. And UK X-Factor has been very bad for me - none of my favorites won. Hopefully the US version will be better to me. LOL

• Administrator

Then I guess you don't like rap? Rappers need that edge or else they'll be vanilla. I don't always agree with that they do, but as long as the music is good, I don't really care that much - I pretty much have that same philosophy with any artist in any genre.

LOL!! But in her case, her favorite went home first. :lol:

• Members

It happens all the time. I recall it happening with Cheryl on the UK show and they went to her first to vote and she refused. Usually the judges in the past have refused to vote, but this past weekend it happened to Kelly Rowland and she voted to send one of her acts home.

I really wasn't too shocked just from watching the UK show. I enjoyed the Stereo Hoggz, but groups always struggle and their vocals are terrible. Why does nobody mention this? You have only one lead singer, but he's no Beyonce or Gary Barlow. They need to spread the vocals out and improve them. Then Intensity is cheesy and was never going to work. They should've tried to recreate S Club 7 which was more accessible. 12 people was just too much to juggle. It looked silly and was neveer going to work.

Hopefully next week the judges (especially Simon) are more HONEST. Thats the only way the show will improve and the acts as well. I love that the UK show is more honest, because lets face it, it IS a competition for the judges too. What reason do they have to be nice when an act sucks? This isn't Idol.

• Administrator

Ah okay. I don't have the best memory and I've only been watching it for the past 3 seasons. Also, don't spoil any UK-Factor for me. LOL ;) I only watched the first two weeks and will catch up on the show in December once primetime shows are on a break.

Archived