The X-Factor: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought everyone did a fantastic job tonight except for Drew and Stacy. Stacy looked and sounded a hot mess tonight & her performance was OTT as usual. Just lackluster. And I continue to just not get the hooplah over Drew. L.A. Reid was spot on about her.

Lakoda Rayne are just wub.png

Astro grew on me quite a bit tonight...Soapsuds I agree with you a lot about him but tonight I couldn't help but enjoy his performance. He did good. Chris Rene's rap was awesome as well, I agreed with the judges, he came back to life tonight!

Ok Rachel grew on me to. They definitely saved the best for last. I'm eating so much crow! Fantastic job!

When I heard Josh's song was going to be from "Across The Universe" I was hoping he would sing "Across The Universe"! That is one of my favorite songs ever and I thought it would've been PERFECT for him. He still did good though.

LMAO at L.A. Reid not knowing "Ain't Know Other Man" by Christina Aguilera. Seriously? SERIOUSLY? I couldn't believe he asked what decade that song was from. WOW!! The Stereo Hogz did a great rendition of it! I just wish we could see some of the other guys in the spotlight. That Trace guy puts the Hog in Stereo Hogz...lol

I wish Marcus Canty had taken a softer approach to "I'm Going Down"...it seemed a bit overdone to me but he still sounded great.

Melanie Amaro did a beautiful job.

• Members

For a show like this it's something different and rap is very popular so in searching for a popstar, I don't see the problem. It's just more diversity. Everybody doesn't like the same things, but I do appreciate the diversity in types of acts on a show like this.

I'm also a bit tired of hearing how arrogant Astro is. He's confident, but doesn't come off too arrogant to me. He seems like a nice kid, but I do think people have used their dislike for rap or him in general to put that label on him.

• Administrator

Man, Astro is soooo good. I love that LA Reid has his rappers writing their own lyrics - that just gives them more cred and it's in their wheelhouse as artists. Astro clearly gave the best performance of the night and adding Heavy D and Joe Frazier into his lyrics was so awesome. Calling his followers, "Astronauts," was way cool too. LOL

I wish Simon would give Drew more uptemp songs too but to say that her voice sucks? She has a nice soft voice, different than the power ballad singers. To me, she has the type of voice like Sarah McLachlan. Drew is also very young and still able to grow as a singer and develop her voice even further. Though that dress was hideous. LOL

Loved Lakado Rayne also. They looked so pretty as usual. But I hope they don't strictly stay with country.

Okay, though I love Drew, I'm going to change my winner pick to Astro after this week.

Prediction on who goes home tonight: Stacy.

• Members

The kids owned the night last night from Astro to Rachel.

I take back arrogant and switch that up to confident (Astro). There's nothing wrong with that but I can see why it's off-putting to some.

I think Stacy sings great but I wasn't feeling whatever Nicole did with her in this last performance. She looked like a totally different person and not in a good way. I agree with LA, I like her better when she cries meaning she should stick to gospel and power ballads. She owns those performance, while she just borrows performances like last nights.

It's an insult to Sarah to compare Drew to her. LA was exactly on point. She has a nice voice but she sings every song the exact same way. Last week their was a slight tempo change that I could recognize. Color me shocked when Simon promises something different from her past performances yesterday and it's exactly like the two performance before last weeks slightly changed performance. What makes me dislike what Drew is doing even more is no judge calling her out on it except for, miracle of miracles, finally LA last night.

• Members

The Hogzz have been the weakest of the groups which kind of shocks me since I initially thought that spot would forever belong to InTENsity.

ETA:

This LR performance is a little rough. It did get a little better at the end.

The problem with SH is only one of the members can sing, but he does it very well.

• Administrator

My God, does American hate Paula or sometihng? Geez, that's two weeks a in row now that she had to choose between her acts. And then Paula abstaining and then having to vote? Why not let Simon vote ahead of her and then if Simon picked to save SH, Paula gets to vote. It's too harsh to make Paula have to choose if she didn't *have* to. Man, there's more drama in the judges vote than anything I've seen on UK X Factor.

I sure was sweating and my heart was pumping when Lakoda Rayne and Drew were last four. I'm so glad my girls were saved tonight.

I also find having to perform to save "your life" is kinda brutal. LOL That hot brunette from Lakoda Rayne was almost in tears before she started singing and once she started to sing, you could hear voice cracking. :( And once the performances was done, she started to cry. I wanted to hug her. These girls, and Melanie, Drew, Rachel, who are pretty young, don't have the experience to deal with that kind of pressure.

But this is why I love this show and why it's far superior than American Idol or The Voice.

• Members

LOL Toups you are hilarious, "My girls" laugh.png

It was heartbreaking watching Paula. I agree Simon should've voted after Nicole. They put to much weight on Paula tonight! That was definitely from the heart and not scripted/planned at all. I truly believe how much faith she had in the Stereo Hogz, those guys really did work hard and I was sad to see them go....I was PISSED Lakoda Rayne were in the bottom two with them. Ugh! They are so good.

Meanwhile, Stacey Francis gets another week! OMFG! rolleyes.gif I can't. Disgusted.

• Members

I wonder if the country fans were watching the CMA's and then not able to vote during the 2 hour window since they watched on delay... hence, Lakoda Rayne in bottom 2?

Paula was forced to vote Stereo Hoggz to make it interesting... if she didn't vote, then Simon technically wasn't able to vote, because Stereo Hoggz already had the majority vote to go home (2-0 out of 3 votes). That's why Simon urged her to vote.

• Members

This is what Paula gets for picking such bad groups. She had a good variety but didn't go for it. I like the lead singer of Stereo Hoggz and all of their performances have been fierce camp, but he's the only one who can sing. The others aren't even harmonizing. That's all the backing vocalists. THey needed to go.

Archived