OLTL: Discussion for the week January 11

• Members

AHAH well I remember the movie being pretty awful, but I certainly liked him in it ;) Glad you found it.

I forgot about that whole awful Flynn dual role/mess. UGH They did mention Miles when the whole Jared is doing weird things story began I think--I remember him being mentioned so he could be written off the suspects list.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's the opposite with me. I think he seems very false. I manage to find him somewhat tolerable with Blair, at least when they aren't going on about Todd and Tea. I thought he was cringeworthy with Tea and whenever he tries to be hot I just think it's a put-on. The waxing doesn't help.

• Members

Let me start by saying GOOD JOB, Tea... just be a total tool and bargain with your daughter. Her father's freedom in exchange for Todd's happiness. It would be nice if Dani maintained her distance, respecting the fact that Todd is her bio father, but deciding that she won't just switch daddy's because it's convenient for mommy. There are adopted kids who want only the family that's raised them. It would be nice if the writers went that route with Dani - even if her circumstances are slightly different.

Well, it wasn't 'Glitter' bad, but I wouldn't watch it twice. I liked it well enough for what it was. I love independent films just for trying, Filmgod love 'em.

I didn't care for him with Tea, either. Something about them rubbed me the wrong way. I think it was the cheesy brother angle and how much time he'd spent tormenting her when he first arrived. It could be that I think sunshine shoots from the guy's nether regions because he feeds my shameful 'Don Draper' crush (yet Draper is everything II'd loathe in a RL man...) I see a rugged sexuality in Walton's Eli.

LOL, ask and you will receive! That's what I love about OLTL writers. It's like they know what questions fans have about most plots and the minute you think they've forgotten something, it pops up on screen.

• Members

Real quick:

After Mitch and his thugs beat him to a pulp, mangled his face and left him for dead, Todd traveled to Atlantic City and made a deal with local crime boss Walker Laurence (who went by "Walker Flynn"): He wanted his face so he could convince Mitch he was Walker and "reunite" with him, gaining his trust so he could kill him. Flynn agreed. Flynn had not seen Mitch since childhood, when Mitch believed Flynn had been drowned by their insane preacher father for disobedience; in reality, the boy had been given to another farm family, the Flynns (hence his new name).

Later, Natalie and Cristian traveled to Atlantic City on their honeymoon and ran afoul of Flynn, who "looked just like Walker" to them. Todd went to AC to settle up with Flynn but got pulled into Flynn's criminal activities, as did Natalie, who Flynn wanted to throw a pool tournament for money. When she didn't, he kidnapped Cristian and "killed" him. He also tried to attack Todd and Blair, but Todd killed him by sending him to his death in the out-of-control penthouse elevator.

Miles, on the other hand, was Flynn and Mitch's other brother, given away by their dad at birth because of horrific facial deformities. He was raised in an institution, sheltered and naive, until Spencer arrived there to consult and gave him plastic surgery to remake his face. He knew nothing of Mitch or Flynn.

The introduction of Miles, tying him to both Mitch and Spencer, was ridiculously convoluted but actually the idea of a hunky naif from a horrific family, unused to the outside world works and could be interesting. Unfortunately the character was so tainted by his introduction and Dena Higley's insane storytelling that they couldn't do anything with him. But I liked Miles and Roxy, and before the strike RC had planned to make him Blair's brother.

• Members

Thanks Vee :wub: You've become my go to person for OLTL history ;) Forgot about the whole Natalie as a pool wizard story. See I appreciate that Malone (and the oft forgotten Griffith though I think this is a Malone trait) liked to give characters qualities like that--so that it seemed like they had a life outside of the melorama we see--interests, hobbies even. But he often totally misused said hobbies for bizarre or random story points.

I remember much of that, though I missed a lot of the Miles stuff cuz I tuned out so often with Higley I did like the actor and to an extent the character.

Archived