OLTL: Discussion for the week January 11

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For some reason I have a harder time remembering stories from the more recent years, even ones I've seen, than I do old plots I haven't seen or have only seen bits of, so your detail is a nice gift to us. All the Todd/Walker/whoever stuff went over my head. All I remember now is when Todd and Blair wanted to take over the Buchanan mansion because of a revived feud with Asa. I don't remember if they did or not.

• Members

Just take the compliment--I love hearing your thoughts on all this. Its the kinda thing I could talk and read about for hours (wait, I have,...)

Carl I'm definitely a bit like that with AMC for some reason--even some of Loving but OLTL, even though I love it, has huge chunks that are very muddy for me. When I got into AMC As a young teen, pre all this Net stuff I found a magazine, before the coffee table book came out, that was just their complete history of stories and I read it rather obsesively--I didn't have anything liek that for One Life till the book came out and I had a bit more of a life by then, lol, so that may be why.

• Members

Todd and Blair did take over Asa's mansion in a brief, pretty lame storyline in 2004. I honestly can't remember how they managed it other than it involved gaslighting him and making him look insane; they would call him up and fake the sound of howling wolves. Asa would tell people about this, they'd take the phone, hear nothing, and he'd say things like, "The wolf must have hung up." Seriously. Then Asa ended up presumed dead for a week or so, when he was literally standing in a pit in the woods, waiting for Rex and Shannon McBain to wander by and help him. Malone was totally off the rails. It was idiotic, but TSJ has used it as an excuse to trash T&B for years. Any time you ask him what Todd's worst story was he mentions Asa's mansion. It was bad, yes, but worst story? Not by a long shot.

When Asa got Blair thrown in the looney bin the following year, I kept hoping there would be a confrontation where she would demand he let her out, and he could reply with, "Oh, I'm sorry, Blair. The wolf must have hung up!" and laugh maniacally.

• Members

I thought she was picked on--I didn't love her but I didn't hate her. I liked Tracy M too though, so take that for what it's worth... Even Mat Twining seemed better tome than many who have come in his wake.

I did think Jay Wilkison was great and underused but that may be for personal reasons--he's to me one of themost attractiveof soap actors--and cuz I saw him on stage twice.

Bruce Michael Hall was prob the worse Joey of all time. Horrific.

• Members

I thought BMH's Joey was OK. He fit the part at the time better than the one before him, Don Jeffcoat. They just shouldn't have put him near Flash, or Jen.

I also liked Jay Wilkinson. I wish they could have kept Riley around.

• Members

Do not like this Kyle/Oliver/Ford stuff. It's silly, and Kyle's probably gonna look like a dumbass today.

First of all, Ford is straight. He is now, at least. Why is Kyle threatened? Second of all, neither Oliver nor Ford wanted to clear up exactly what Kyle walked in on? Third of all, it took Oliver a thousand years to get the balls to come out and be with Kyle, a person he's known for years. I doubt Oliver would turn into a sleep around slut that easily.

Granted, this is all after only one act, so who knows. Maybe it'll be pushed aside after the commercial break for the whacky Three's Company misunderstanding that it was.

See, they're back from the commercial, and Kyle was just [!@#$%^&*] with him. Tis all good.

LOL at Markko tripping all over Hope's toys. Too cute. Markko and Langston having their own little love nest would be fab.

Oh my God. Ron. Listen, dear. Listen very carefully.

David Vickers is PLAYED. OUT.

Archived