Y&R: Episode discussion, week of January 11, 2010

• Members

Billy= Jack remixed while Adam= Victor remixed :rolleyes: . This is tthem finding another way to mess up one of the most obvious dynamics (waiting to be written and developed well) with this convoluted story. Billy / Adam should have and should be done, but other than that being the goal Billy does fit the way he's is already being written in here. I personally would have written it more that Billy and Adam start off on seemingly friendly terms then build something interesting,complex, and intriguing from there, but then again we are speaking about Y&R's current writing regime

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I say pretty much the same about Victor and Jack's feud. Not that I wish for Victor and Jack to reconcile suddenly and become the bestest of friends, but...I just don't understand why their rivalry has been front-and-center on this show for so long, when (IMO) Braeden outstrips Bergman time and again; and nothing is ever really accomplished beyond the two constantly one-upping each other like some endless Wile E. Coyote/Road Runner cartoon.

• Members

Hahahahahahahahahahaha LMAO!!! :lol::lol::lol: I am going to see if I can get someone to do an illustration of this possible future scene!! :lol: But what I have read about the eppy, it seems pretty good. What happened to Kay & Chancellor's was just to funny even if we all saw it coming LOL!

• Members

The Victor and Jack feud had some juice up to about ten or fifteen years ago.

I think it continues now because it makes Braeden feel manly (and probably gives him even more satisfaction if he still doesn't get along with Bergman), and is a way to try to tap in those male viewers who want to see big men crush bugs. It's also wish fulfillment for writers or producers who love the idea of alpha male and beta male. That's gone into overdrive now, as men like Jack or JT are sneered at by the writers, they can't compare to those real men like Victor, Billy, Nick.

• Members

Bingo.

Part of it is TPTB trying to avoid what they see as the watering down of Lead Male characters like John Dixon, Asa Buchanan, Palmer Courtlandt, Adam Chandler, Roger Thorpe, James Stenbeck, Alan Spaulding, Carl Hutchins & Edward Quartermaine.

• Members

They don't seem to realize that even at their worst, there was something about those men the audience could respect. There's nothing to respect about Victor, Nick, or Billy. They're pathetic. These men look childish, not macho.

• Members

This is so Hogan Sheffer recycling his lame and unpopular plots from past shows again.... :rolleyes:<_<

And Maria's, Rauch's, and Scott Hamner's incompetence and and poor leadership skills supporting such crap on this show.

Why these people call themselves soap writers is beyond me, they're writing predictable and offensive farce.

Archived