Y&R: Episode discussion, week of January 11, 2010

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This story should be about the women and their realization of what Adam is. Nick being involved is one thing, but Billy, whose only involvement with Sharon was screwing her a few times and hiring her for five minutes, and who barely notices Ashley unless he needs money or some hero complex, sticks out like a sore thumb.

Are all these big macho faceoffs and foot stamps really supposed to be entertaining? I just see it as tedious. I think they believe the audience swoons when the men are around each other. But it always turns out like the cartoons where Olive Oyl gets hit in the face.

• Members

Nope.

TPTB & Muhney have done a good job to an extent at establishing Adam as an antihero.

I don't think TPTB have ever intended for Adam to be viewed as someone TO root for or as a romantic hero but with the writing for the other characters lacking & the atrocious pacing the dimension TPTB have tried to give Adam stands out.

• Members

No spoilers, but soapydoc tweeted this about Friday's Y&R episode. I can't wait!

Okay, I have read it. It is definitely "big emotional stakes" and "major reveals" and "gathering storms" and "getting ready for February sweeps".

• Members

All from one episode?

I'll just wait for sweeps to get there, and given these writers, I do not expect much, given how sloppy the execution of these stories and the day to day writing is.

I'm glad you found some excitement, but very little on this show is interesting to me right now, I can't imagine Feb sweeps.

• Members

Let me guess -- Traci will fall and drown in a frozen pond while trying to save Daisy. Ashley is devastated and begins stealing paperclips from Jabot, and has threeways with Tucker and Jojo. Sharon helps pull her back from the brink, and Ashley and Sharon both look on at the cliffhanger of baby Faith throwing a block at Adam's head.

Archived