Y&R: Episode discussion, week of January 11, 2010

• Members

It doesn't bother you when so many others are damaged to make Billy more fun, like when they had the entire Chancellor family stand around allowing him to go on a Foster Brooks escapade in the living room, complete with endangering his daughter?

I guess I just see this as lazy writing, and very hollow, to have the same type of scenes over and over and over. It also reinforces their complete lack of interest in giving him any real story.

The show has had various characters make fun of Rafe and Adam for their homosexuality.

All I remember about the Billy/Cane fight after the Phillip reveal was how tin-eared it was. Billy was "me me me" and Miller seemed to have little chemistry with the other people in the scene. Then again, the whole scene was a mess, not just one actor.

I just think they do too many of these wannabe alpha male confrontations. They lose any power.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Now that Tucker has been exposed for taking over Chancellor/Jabot, I wonder if JT will get on people's bad side for doing work with Tucker. Will Victoria come back and smugly tell him he wasted his time working and not take him seriously anymore? Will this give her an excuse to be attracted to Billy?

Will Katherine have to be saved by Victor?

• Members

God this show just sucks, and looks like it won't be getting better anytime soon.

What did Y&R fans do to deserve such sh!t?!?

And come on, not like we all didn't know who Tucker was the moment this predictable and horrible writing team brought him on. This was the "surprise you didn't see coming" Scott Hamner was bragging out? Now we know why this guy is such a hack...

• Administrator

Glad to see Victor back. Those previews for Monday look good.

ITA! Everything was all wrong in the reveal. I hated the lack of background music too. Victor's return should've had a kickass score too. Y&R always had the best music DIRECTION and it always enhanced the scene. Not anymore. Rauch sucks.

Gary Tomlin is currently the best at structure/pacing right now. Yes, I do have some problems with his pacing/structure, but he is the best in daytime right now.

It wasn't predictable to me. LOL I had no reason to believe Katherine had a son. You guys ruined it for me when you "guessed" (yes, that's deliberately in quotations ;) ) this revelation.

• Members

I realize Gary Tomlin gets a bad rap for going overboard with the camp and homoeroticism on OLTL and SUNSET BEACH - Lord knows, I've said a curse word or two over the ish that went down on ONE LIFE under his watch - but, back in the day, when he was just another soap actor-turned-writer? He was actually quite good at this stuff! Honest, lol!

• Members

I was actually thinking that in regard to the Dr. Taylor mess.

I mentioned this the other day. Remember when Molly found out Sheila had taken Lauren's baby, and had the stroke. And then she struggled for months trying to say "baby". Bill Bell stretched out the tension deliciously. That made the final reveal so much more satisfying. It was really explosive.

Rather than killing Taylor, imagine if he'd been put in a coma--brain damaged. Imagine if his recovery had been slooooow. Indeed, he could have stayed in a coma for six months...and only slowly regained awareness....and then struggled for speech. They could have milked a year out of that.

I'm still thinking Sony and CBS are forcing the rushed pace. If so, I'm hoping the recent survey (if many people say "too fast") might slow things down and lead to a more deliberate pacing. We'll see.

• Members

I think some of us really did guess, before the show ever dropped hints. A man who happened to be in the right age range, who had no ties to the show, and is suddenly heavily involved with Katherine and Jill?

I might have been more surprised if I hadn't already seen Rauch do this stunt on GL, where Sarah Shayne gave birth to a son, then when Rauch became producer, he said she'd actually had a daughter, and then had the daughter used in a scheme to try to ruin Reva's life and Lewis Oil.

This story has been so rushed, and makes Katherine look like a fool.

Archived