Y&R: Episode discussion, week of January 11, 2010

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Like several others, I'm glad the painting was saved.

I think Taylor was wasted. I realize they want to just eliminate a threat to Adam, but it would have been more interesting to have Taylor lingering in the background...always a threat to Adam's happiness. Plus (some of you might know it) I wanted Taylor to be the "surprise" shooter in the "who shot Adam" mystery coming up in May. :lol:

However, with the pacing of Wednesday's show, it's looking more like "who shot Adam" will happen tomorrow, and be resolved next week.

Well, for me, they could still redeem this Taylor thing if they pulled a "Sheila's mother". For now, Taylor would be in a coma...lingering. Then, when he eventually awakens, he'd have both damaged memory and damaged ability to speak. But he'd start frantically trying to learn to say the word "Bah...beh....bah...beh". And we'd know he was struggling to tell Ashley and Sharon.

Ah, I miss how Bill Bell totally ramped up the tension of a babyswitch.

• Members

I [!@#$%^&*] hate Cane and always will.

The dude screams Sony hire. "Oooh, if we hire a guy from a syndicated science-fiction show no one watched it's still more prestigious than hiring soap people. The audience will be impressed!" Who even watched Beastmaster?

• Members

HateHateHate how they characterize Sharon. Even if she was written more as a damsel before now, it was done more subtely. This writing team has this insulting need to to spell out their characterizations and their plotlines I feel as if I'm watching hooked on phonics. They do the same thing with Billy

Everyone- Billy is such a screw up

Billy- This is who I am, a screw up

Jeez! Give the viewer a bit of credit

He comes of the same way in his interviews and behind the scenes antics whenever I catch it also. I dunno why he does this, ironically he doesn't annoy me as some others at times

• Members

God, I really hope that Nielsen survey sparks some change on this show, whether it be the way things are done, or especially it it means most of this current writing team will be fired.

We could end up getting another hack, but the risk is worth it at this point. If daytime is ending sooner or later, we might as well enjoy a good first 6 months of the next potential regime, if we can get it.

• Members

Yeah, at this point, who cares how Adam goes down, as long as he does. I lost interest in the Adam character long ago anyway.

Though, Billy has become an insufferable character that's the shiny toy of this horrible writing team. This character had a lot more potential that as he's written, but which character doesn't on this show? Billy Miller and his tics really grate my nerves too.

Archived