Y&R: Episode discussion, week of January 11, 2010

• Members

Yup I laughed at that one thinking way to go Lauren save yourself the trouble of pressing charges again because cheapo/entitled Sharon can't pull out her wallet. But then that must take the joy out of Sharon's day.

The writers didn't forget, it is us who forgot that Sharon was cured by the 'death' of her baby.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Awwwww..come on, embrace you inner "moron", the writers certainly are trying to convince us we should!!! :blink: Thanks for making the comment though because I am now reduced to FF'ding all Sharon scenes even if it has some of my favorite characters in it!! **cries**

But LOL, MarkH I think you are right, Lauren is practicing "risk management", where is the director of loss/prevention when she needs one!! :lol:

• Members

Ok, beside the fact that Sharon acted like she was having a slumber party and was almost giddy playing with Faith even though her house burned down and Ashley is just a little too excited about Sharon and Adam moving in, I liked the family drama going on at the Baldwin condo.

Sure it is to further the plot and Lauren did overreact, still I thought it was pretty good character driven drama and it has been ages since Tracey Bregman has been able to show any emotion on the show. I even thought Eden did pretty well. Good family drama and pretty realistic given the circumstances. Gloria playing Eden's champion was a bit hard to take though.

Mikey's pretty shrewd himself offering to pay the insurance deductible.

• Members

Imfan, I think Lauren and folks only appeared to be overacting because the ones who should be affected by it are acting like someone burned their dinner instead of their house. I would be devastated if I thought everything I owned was gone but their reaction has been downright giddy.

• Members

Oh I agree. It was bizarre that Lauren, Michael and Eden were more upset about the fire that the Newmans. And I so think Michael and Lauren had a right to be angry. I just think Lauren went a bit too far because Eden couldn't apologize any more that she already had. But in a tense situation I would expect people to overreact and given Lauren's state of mind before the fire and that she is finally fed up with the family issues I was not suprised she lost it a bit.

• Members

I think Sharon was too happy to be home again on the Newman Ranch that nothing could mar her happiness, not even the loss of Cassie's lost work of art. yeah it would have been better if it burned, but it survived with not a scratch, tear, rip or burn. That picture has longevity. Pity Sharon has not missed it yet. She is giddy, giddy giddy

• Members

I'm really enjoying the new and improved Sharon who can stand up the overbearing men in her life and call them out on their hypocrisy.

I hope she can keep it up and the eventual baby revelation doesn't throw her back into the role of perpetual victim.

• Members

God, how contrived and plot-driven can this show get, and do they really need to prop Cane and Adam EVEN MORE?

So, Dr. Taylor shows up for ONE DAY to "tell Ashley everything" and just ends up being struck by a car. :rolleyes:

See, what I mean when I say everything is done for shock value on this show? This show is just beyond hokey, trashy, and offensively boring and predictable.

And then Jill and Tucker want to offer CANE the VP of Chancellor Industries position? Based on what, running a bar and his 2 month stint at Chancellor prior? I do not like Cane, and he's out of place in the corporate world on this show. This character is unbearable and useless, and he's ALWAYS getting propped in some way or another.

I hope Dr. Taylor isn't killed and lives to tell his side of the story at Adam's trial, but this crappy writing team seems intent on whitewashing his criminal history and making sure he doesn't get the type of punishment he deserves. If Dr. Taylor dies, it would be such a waste, this character had loads more potential in the future of this mess of a Adam storyline.

Well, at least Phyllis saw Adam and Dr. Taylor's little scuffle before Taylor was hit by the car...

The actress playing Daisy continues to be just unbearable....

It seems like this show constantly doesn't plan ahead and runs out of ideas of things for these characters to do and then inserts a random plane crash, fire, or car accident to fill in time in each episode.

Archived