Y&R: Episode discussion, week of January 11, 2010

• Members

It will endear me to no one here to say (first) I have been expecting this (or some version of this) and (second) I like it. There, I said it.

I agree. Let me say, I was glad they let Karen go, because they had not given us any strong through line for her, and she was wasted in that story and with Neil. She had no chemistry with Kristoff (which we now understand is because she felt he didn't do enough preparation).

But had they invested in Peeples and really played her, and let her (maybe) break out of the small character group she was stuck in, she could have been amazing. I guess I hope she might get a shot at another soap, but she was sufficiently direct in her internet radio interviews that I wonder if this will render her untouchable. (Kinda like Rowell).

I don't think it is awful, and the scenario you describe,

, sounds good to me.

Let me put it this way: On yesterday's show, with Billy doing double-takes during Rafe's confession ("deep-seated psychological issues"), and his hilarious schtick with the serious-as-a-heart-attack-Nick, he was the most entertaining part of the show for me. (That plus the JoJo-Tucker friendship; I guess they met in the orphanage or something, eh? If so, why hasn't he set her up better financially?)

My only regret about Billy yesterday was that he was right back to muckraking. Which suggests to me that he will take no lessons from his New Years Eve "visitation". Oh well, honestly, he's more fun as a self-destructive wreck.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Today's cliffhanger scenes.... FAIL. Here's why: first of all, once again, the pacing SUCKS.... the Adam/Nick fight was well done, and Victor coming in like he did was great. Victor gives real GRAVITAS to this, and as much as I hate Victor, this show needs that. But it should have been saved for NEXT FRIDAY. The Katherine/Tucker reveal should have taken center stage. Jeanne did fine, but Russ' delivery of the second reveal line ("I am your son")fell flat as a pancake. He needed to SLOW DOWN his delivery, put some more weight to the delivery, and RAUCH.... THE MORON!!!! Had NO BACKGROUND MUSIC playing behind the reveal. STUPID STUPID STUPID and anticlimactic. Score can make or break a show, and today, it

BROKE IT. Look at this clip, and the cue (which they never use anymore)at :12 is the one which should have played at the moment you see Jeanne's reaction to the news.... THEN fade to black, end of episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V8oXIrSsg0&feature=related

• Members

Another thing.... notice the lack of background music during the FIRST part of the reveal where Kay finds out that Tucker owns the majority stake. Now tell me this.... today we had a TRIPLE REVEAL. WHY? and considering February sweeps are two weeks away, and they do this NOW? WTF???!!!Those scenes would have carried a punch if they had SCORE behind them!!

• Members

This show is dumb, dumb, dumb. Are we really supposed to believe that Adam and Dr. Taylor got into an argument outside the bar, a man died, the police and ambulance came (probably with sirens) and no one in the bar was aware of what was going on outside? They find out hours after the fact?

You would think that Katherine would have learned from Victor's take over of Jabot and not made the same mistakes Jack did that lost him the company. She's a moron too, but who isn't under this regime.

I was so shocked and awed and surprised by the Tucker reveal. They haven't been dropping anvils for weeks.

• Members

I suppose we can take comfort in the fact that EVERY producer is crap in daytime. They just did the reveal of Liberty having Leukemia on ATWT at the BEGINNING of Friday's show, and not the END. so I guess either Y&R's ineptitude is contagious, or vice versa. Does NOBODY in hollywood know how to structure a fuc&ing show anymore???!!!

• Members

Yes, but Rauch is supposed to be one of the best of the best. That's what the hype about him has said. He just does not seem to give a crap.

This Tucker reveal was all wrong. It was too rushed, and fairly obvious from the beginning. Jojo was too much of a caricature, once again showing their contempt for viewers. If Jojo had been a nicer and less in your face person, then the pain of Tucker's betrayal of Katherine would be greater.

I also don't understand why Katherine is so stupid that a brief distraction from Jojo would make her so vulnerable that Tucker can take over her company. Where is Neil in all this? Was he hiding in his invisible office?

I guess I am too biased about this regime because I didn't think the episode was all that great. Just yet more plot-driven gimmicks and tired alpha posturing.

• Members

I think when Mac was inseminated they took all the fluids from the petri dish, Lily's fertilized egg and left over Super Cane Sperm and one of those swam up and fertilized one of Mac's ripe and ready eggs which joined the other embryo and implanted. Billy will think it is his but in the end it will be a weird little triangle of a family like they showed in Billy's episode.

I found it funny that Billy had changed his wicked ways and was back to drinking and driving within two weeks.

• Members

That youtube clip is Nina shooting David. I'd like to see the clip you're referring too.

CarlD2, a perfect example was the last Billy/Cane confrontation in the Chancellor courtyard. I forget the specifics, but Goddard CAME ALIVE. He was good in that macho mano-a-mano bullfight. Miller brings out the best in Goddard, and since Goddard will be there forever, that's what I want from him.

And Billy's just fun. I really enjoy him in scenes with Nick, and I hope that continues. I also thought he was a laugh riot with Rafe, although he teetered awfully close to mocking Adam (and by proxy, Rafe's) sexuality.

LOL, it doesn't work that way. If Mac has twins, they'll either go one of two ways:

- since Lily had two blessed eggs (right?), she'll be so doubly-blessed that both will hatch, or

- the second child is white-as-white can be...and he/she's an Abbott/Chancellor heir.

Archived