Y&R: Episode discussion, week of January 11, 2010

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Home sick, so decided to catch the show today. I still DVR it, but haven't watched in at least 2 months. Anyway...

- I knew this was happening because of this forum, but catching it live and in person left me saying "WTF?!?!" Sharon and Adam cuddlin' up on the couch was gag-worthy. Horrible, horrible story and one that I don't want to watch. The only thing the least bit interesting with this story is - STILL - Nick and Adam's sibling rivalry (better with CE in the role). But I got the feeling that now even Nick is going to jump on the "Golly-gee Adam's a good fella" bandwagon. I hope I'm wrong.

- The redhead chick and "Hunter" (or whatever his name is) are annoying. I don't care one lil bitty bit about either of them. Another story that won't make me watch on a day to day basis again.

- Neil, Jill, "Tucker" and Kay having a business meeting in her living room? GL-like lameness. Not interesting. Not compelling. And the drunk biker lesbian chick is a waste of time. My speculation only - I think by recasting Tucker with the dude from DOOL is because they're re-writing history again and Kay actually gave up a SON. And it's Tucker. Still won't make me watch everyday.

- Love me some KS/Noah. If they built a good, strong story around him it might make me tune in. But Eden needs to go. Like yesterday.

Doesn't look like much has changed since I stopped watching regularly a few months ago. I don't want to feel this way, because after GL was canceled, I settled on Y&R being my soap. And I'm not going to start watching another one now. So either this show gets better and makes me want to watch, or I'll be another ex-soap opera fan. <sigh>

• Members

So much for the business storylines returning. I sorta figured that was not really going to happen. Y&R has officially become the new Edge of Night, I think! Y&R now constantly embraces crime, mystery, and psychos over and over! Speaking of psychos, are we to assume that Daisy killed Ryder's childhood bully? It certainly seemed like it when they were arguing about Daisy starting the fire.

• Members

I cannot tell you -- sincerely -- how relieved I am.

Daisy is a major bummer, and I want her gone NOW.

They're definitely trying to make us remember Sheila (Phyllis' discussion of Pheila yesterday) but I'm 92% sure this is a red herring. I don't think it is Sugar either...but who knows? Sugar would make some sense, in that we don't know anything about her children, etc. But ho hum.... I don't want that.

• Members

If Jo Jo really was the role offered to Kim Zimmer, I can see why she turned it down. Doesn't seem to have much long term potential unless the twist is that she really is Katherine's daughter.

Which is probably more interesting than whatever they do have planned.

• Members

I don't think they would have given story to a woman in her age range. They don't give any to the other women in that age range. I think she would have been a short term character, a gimmick for people to laugh at, then she'd leave once she was exposed.

• Members

Did anyone else laugh when Lauren said to Sharon, "You can have whatever you want in Fenmore's, free of charge."

:lol::lol::lol:

How quickly they've forgotten and rushed over Sharon's kleptomania history...

Again, was there ever any real point in making Sharon a klepto?

I'm always asking myself is there a point to anything on this show these days, and often, no there's not. It's pretty sad how this show has sunk so far creatively...

• Members

I understand Lauren was being a nice person, but I found it pretty UNINTENTIONALLY funny, especially since it was Sharon's klepto antics that got Eden arrested and Lauren pissed at her.

Again, it highlighted to me how there was no point in making Sharon a klepto, and how fast it was dropped and never to be explored again. This current writing regime sucks.

Archived