B&B: January Discussion Thread

• Members

Not always.

When Taylor returned back from the dead, Stephanie requested Brooke relinquish all rights to R.J. to let Taylor and Ridge raise him. When Brooke whined, "What about Hope?" Steph replied, "She's a nice little girl, but she never really was a part of this family."

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, but it really would have been odd for Stephenie to demand Taylor and Ridge raise Hope, since there isn't a biological connection. Not that it was reasonable to expect Brooke to give up RJ either. The most ironic part of this whole deal is that Ridge and Steffy aren't really Foresters either, but they are acting like biology is everything.

• Members

what is the lesson of today's show, be honest with your children or they'll find out later and kill themselves?

I hope one day they sorass Darla and Thorne's daughter so she can come back and thank Taylor for killing her mother while drunk driving. I'm still amazed that killing a family member isn't more scandalous.

And does anyone buy their clothes based on the moral or immoral personal life of the designers?

• Members

Can't we have it the other way and Alli can run over Stuffy?

Brad is taking the Brookehaters own ideas and turning them against them. It is even more obvious with the dialogue about Hope being a stain because thats what they call her when they wish her dead so Brooke can suffer.

• Members

I HATE that they did the Hope reveal so soon. This girl has been on what 2 weeks? I think they should have developed her more. Given us time to get use to her as a teen. I think its too soon to have thrown the history with Deacon at her with absolutely NO build up whatsover

• Members

I agree with you, but pacing that is way too fast has always been a problem for B&B. At least for as long as I can remember. If Brad would slow it down he wouldn't need to burn through so many stories, but I think he's afraid of losing the audience's attention.

• Members

I really don't know what's worse: this stories told in superfast manner or slow-as-a-snail rinse-then-repeat. I think I tend to favour the faster pace because Bradley looses intrest in stories sooo quickly it all becomes one big mess and if he were to drag them over to years, it would be too much.

Brad has talent, people may laugh as much as they want at me for writing that. But laziness made him stale, boring, idea-less writer who chooses "safe" over inovation and contemporarisation. Had he had a vision several years ago, he would have given B&B a few more years of life. But hey...

• Members

And Brad has also made a mistake in making Tracey Ann Kelly, Patrick Mulcahey and certain other his, well, slaves basically. He, again, chose safety over trying to bring some new people and train them and teach them what Bell universe means. This how he just makes their fear of and contempt for Bell soaps even bigger (Oh, that sh!tty B&B, I'd never write for that one or something like that...). He made B&B a claustrophobic dungeon filled with mildew, moss, bats and rotten cadavers.

• Members

I really wish they had had Hope and Bridget interact first. Establish a relationship with them as sisters. I also wish they were more concrete about what Hope knows and doesnt before this reveal. Brooke mentioend that she knew where she came from but as Hope was listening to her and Ridge talk, I couldnt make out if she really did know or didnt bc the writing seemed to be off and Hope's comments werent consistent.

Speaking of Brooke and her kids, what is her relationship with Jack? They made a big deal about Taylor giving him up so Brooke can raise him but is she playinh any role in his life? I cant remember when was the last time she was with him or even talked about him? Has she taken a step back and let Bridget be his mother with her playing grandma to him?

• Members

Granted, I didn't see the Hope overhear the scandalous details of her conception/birth/parentage....but am I really supposed to believe that in this day in age (with Hope growing up in LA) that Hope had no idea about any of it? Stephanie exposed Brooke's pregnancy, and it was a scandal back in the day. Unless Brooke sent that kid to a convent, I really can't believe Hope never googled her mother and got any juicy old gossip.

I get really tired of the "scandalous" re-revelations that never quite make sense on this show. They always end up seeming like cheap stunts.

Archived