B&B: January Discussion Thread

• Members

I hear that. Like you, I've watched this show from the beginning. I can't quite let go of it, but it really is a trashy waste of time. The one bright spot is the casting for Hope. I think this girl is a find. I covet her for the role of Abby Carlton.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I bet they cast for looks over talent (by which I mean the right look, not good looks), which is a common theme in daytime. I still think Daisy has long red hair for a reason. The Abby we have now cannot stand the test of time, imo. Y&R used to be so good at casting people who could grow into a role for many years to come. I'd even argue that's been one of the secrets to the show's success. NuHope is an actress I could have seen playing Abby all the way into adulthood, but I'm not that bummed because B&B needs all the good acting it can get.

• Members

Yes, I thought Hope was good the day I saw her. MILES better than Steffy.

Hmmm...she might be good for Abby if Abby became more like her mama and less pouty and entitled.

She definitely doesn't give off that 'evil viper' vibe they're trying for in Daisy. Oh, I hate that Daisy.

Yes! :lol:

No, seriously, B&B got kudos from Branco and Daytime Confidential for the scene last week (or was it the week before) where Bill Jr. reamed out the Forresters (after discovering the scam they were trying to pull, and reminding them of the non-compete clause).

• Members

The BnB has some great moments, but there aren't enough of them linked together to make great episodes, IMO. That's the problem I have with the show. The Logans have to keep eating crud from Stephanie, Steffy, and Taylor - who are all delusional and whiny. Ridge calls Hope his daughter, one day, Brooke's daughter the next. I don't get this show and that never bothered me before. I'm just tired of the disconnected storylines, now.

• Members

No, you're not the only one! I love the boardroom stuff, though I miss the fact that Rick Hearst has so little substantial airplay.

B&B turns on a dime, though. Norrth is right in pointing out that a few great moments do not an episode make. And if this week is going to be all about Brooke-Ridge-Taylor, Lord spare me now. Is Ridge's sack of goodies really all that? Really?

• Members

The Logan women have got to be among the most narcissitic women on soaps. Why are they always doing a photoshoot involving them? Ive gone on the B&B website and it seems as if the 3 sisters have taken alot of different publicity shots together and on the show they tend to be lead models for their fashion campaigns. Why the heck are these old broads plastering their faces all over their ads? Okay they are not that old but in modelling terms, they are pretty ancient.

• Members

Daytime Confidential's latest podcast ragged Ridge out for sitting there like a lump while Taylor and Brooke (ostensibly) fought over the future of Forrester Creations. When he finally attempted to separate the two, he was all "Girls, girls, now, now." DC was, like "Girls? Girls? Where are we, the Playboy Mansion? Quick, somebody give Ridge Hugh Hefner's smoking jacket."

The Forrester men, oy. They are the best advertisement for vibrators I have ever seen. Seriously, the women do all the heavy lifting on B&B. Thank goodness for Dollar Bill and Whip at the present time. At least they have a pulse.

Archived