B&B: January Discussion Thread

• Members

Well I'd do the reverse, I'd have Rose De Ville be Sally's alias, make her responsible to the mob or something rather than totally assasinate Sally's character, though she was hardly a saint.

The way it could work is that Sally was in dire financial straights with Spectra and needed to pull 'one last job' in order to secure some funds from some low level mafia in Los Angeles...that 'one last job' ended up being Nina Webster in Genoa City. When Sally, as Rose, eventually got the baby, she realized she couldn't just give it away to be sold, the writing would reflect that 'Rose De Ville' hadn't done a baby sale before (which wouldn't be hard since Rose's 1979 appearance was about prostitution if I recall correctly) and that she couldn't go through with it so she raised CJ as her own, didn't take any money and kept struggling with Spectra...it only helped matters that having a son would help Sally hold onto Clarke.

I really don't want them to kill her off, I prefer Sally jet setting around the world, lame as it may be. Clarke could need a blood transfusion or something, CJ would step in and then not be a match, he'd phone Sally, she'd be evasive and CJ would go in search of the truth himself. I've always though Mick Cain was an untapped resource on the show, a much better actor than many who got a lot more story than he did.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know, I feel there is real hope for that one, down the line. Why?

- Lynley's Kate has not gotten that much play during this Days resurgence, and they just wrote off her #1 son (Lucas). Most of her other kids are off canvas too. Even though Vivian's back, they're not doing too much with the Kate-Vivian rivalry

- Though he's trivial, Margo's brother Jake now appears occasionally on B&B...keeping that family alive

- A big part of Margo's time on the show was her relationship with Bill...and now we have Bill Jr. They could connect her to him as an adviser.

All things being equal, I continue to believe that under the right conditions Margo could return and assume Stephanie's role of "fierce matriarch". The obvious way (IMO) is for Eric to dump that Barbie Donna. Then, when Flannery leaves, Eric can marry Margo...and SHE can fight to protect the Forrester legacy. Margo was always attracted to Ridge, so she could even play that sicko-sexual possessiveness of Ridge (just like Flannery).

• Members

When I saw that I thought how narcisstic of her, but she is Brooke's kid so I shouldnt be surprised. Shame on Katie for pitting Steffy and Hope against each other. Hope is a kid and shouldnt be thrown in the middle of their drama. Oh and yes, Hope is in High School. She's in a work-study program

Why the heck was Taylor in the room when the women were going over the ad concepts. She doesnt work there! To make matters worse, she's living with Stephanie and dating the competition. Im surprised no one called her out on any of this and asked her to leave. She had no business being there

L

• Members

Steffy is such a self-righteous little ho that I was cheering for Katie to slap her down one. Perhaps it's not very ethical for Katie to use Hope, a high schooler, in that plan... but at least it has put Stuffy's nose out of joint. LOL at Brooke finally twigging onto the real reasons Steffy is out to get Katie.

BTW, the actress who plays Hope is surprsingly competent for somebody so young. She looks like a cross between Joanna Johnson (Caroline) and Amy Poehler! I will miss those little tykes who played Little Hope, though.

That Dare ad featuring Eric/Ridge/Rick and Stuffy was the cheapest piece of crap I have ever seen. Bold? Inventive? Cutting edge? C'mon, Owen. Just stick with what you are good at -- taking off your clothes.

• Members

No, when Lauren was 'loaned' to B&B in 2002 Margo was a single woman, living in New York and working for Corday/Langan Designs (a tongue in cheek reference to Ken Corday and then producer Tom Langan).

Margo definitely divorced Bill before she left B&B in 1992 and demanded astronomical alimony, which I recall she got...Margo did love Bill, at the very least she loved the idea of this rich man loving her as Eric didn't, but when he didn't care about her brother Jake's abuse, Margo packed her bags and took him back home to Wisconsin where he could get therapy.

That said, Margo would be effortless to weave into the show. Frankly, she should be there.

• Members

Poor Whip, stuck in a relationship with a woman who will never give up hope that her Ex will pick her every time he has a disagreement with his ex. I wish they would bring on a real woman for him, perhaps a recasted Kristen Forrester (my wish Cady McClain).

Brooke should have just told the delusional parents that their daughter won't stop hitting on Bill and Katie has every right to want rid of the little ho.

• Members

The whole point of those scenes was that there was no concept. The audience was in on that. Katie was the one who came up with that...idea, in the first place. Then she tried to convince Donna and Hope that it was Hope's idea. Hope's presentation clearly sucked and Katie knew that it sucked, but Katie jumped on it anyway just to spite Steffy, who obviously had the better idea and presentation. Donna was also in on it to an extent. Brooke seemed more open to Steffy's idea, but of course she agreed with Katie when it came down to it, because she owed Katie and because Hope is her daughter.

• Members

Ah, okay. I guess that's a step better.

I'm really not watching this show regularly. I was gonna, and then I read the previews for this week (and they involved Brooke-Ridge-Taylor in the same sentence), and I decided I couldn't.....

Archived