B&B: January Discussion Thread

• Members

I just wish they'd layered the "Dare" story with more than a plot a fourth grader would come up with and the perceived betrayals amongst the Logan sisters. I mean, for most of B&B, Donna and Katie have been MIA, only showing their faces at one of Brooke's weddings. So the "sister bond" got old real fast. I'd much rather have seen Brooke realize she does have a spine, and bitchsmack Katie instead of yet again quivering and declaring how much she loves and respects Katie. Even if Brooke isn't quite entitled to that position. Katie hasn't done anything to earn Brooke's respect, at least professionally.

And now I'm listening to Bill rip them to shreds, and he's right. They're idiots. Although he just crossed a line telling Brooke and Donna they were jealous little tramps. (and Brooke ran FC very profitably for quite a while...) I guess Bill's unaware of a couple of facts pertaining to Katie's romp with Nick...

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Betrayal of trust is right. And from a show that has all the right ingredients to succeed, too. Jackie M, Susan Flannery, Rick Hearst, the Brookester, Dollar Bill and the first romantic pairing in ages that I can actually root for (Bill & Katie).

I can ony surmise from this hot tranny mess that Bradley Bell is a complete incompetent. And always has been. Please, B&B fans, no more BS about how he writes it this way on purpose "to appeal to the telenovela viewers and Europe." Europeans actually do have braincells and expect more from their TV soaps! And telenovelas have more intelligence in those mascara-flecked tears of mucho dolor running down the faces of their long-suffering heroines than B&B has in its little, broken finger.

• Members

Amen to the italicized part! I think the fact that B&B has a budget and talent makes this sh*tty state so much more deplorable.

And you can't write stuff like the other bolded stuff. I'm at work and I'm not allowed to laugh that loud! :lol:

• Members

LOLz. That's always the problem combining SON and work. The number of times I have skated almost being fired/ingested my drink up my nose because I happened upon a post by, say, RSinclair or DeeDeee or AllMyShadows.

• Members

I don't even believe that BELL believed he was appealing to the Telenovela and European markets. He'd have never killed off the Spectra clan. He'd have never created Sophia the 'knife-wielding-cut-a-broad' Latina model. He'd have never given his first major Latino character AIDS... the list goes on with this guy.

Watching Bill Spencer, today, it's so clear how little talent the writers have. Brooke and Donna should NEVER have stood there and let Bill trash them - especially Donna who should have proven to Bill that she won't sleep with just any rich man no natter how much pressure he puts on her and tries to harass and force her to bed him.

UGH, Bill is a pig.

Steffy? She's no better. ANOTHER woman who blames women and excuses men. Her 'moral grandmother' let Bill use her to help weaken FC so that Bill could strike backroom deals to steal the company away. Brooke stood by her (at the worst time albeit) when she was bedding her uncle/friend/stepbrother Rick. Brooke loved her and always accepted her.

FC was NEVER more profitable than when Brooke ran it... maybe the writers should have had Steffy thank Brooke for the trust fund and then had her shut the hell up.

• Members

I mean...how ridiculous was Steffy, pissing and moaning about Brooke, Donna sleeping their way to the top and Katie the unqualified running FC? Wasn't Steffster handed an "important" position at FC because her names ends in Forrester?

While I agree Donna's riding the gravy train (and probably couldn't spell "couture" if her life depended on it)---BROOKE ran FC and the only criticism StephSr. could come up with was that the Brooke's Bedroom line was too trashy while they reaped in the profits.

Steffy acted like a spoiled little rich bitch today, and not only should Ridge have sent her to her room, Brooke should have slapped her into last week.

And BTW...wasn't StephSr. thrown out of FC for her blatant disloyalty to the company?

• Members

NO balance in the dialogue. Let's see if teen Hope will throw it in Steffy's face that her mother as the company's spokesmodel, and her grandmother running the company nearly destroyed FC. I don't know if the writers want us to think of the characters as hypocrites or if they'd even forgotten what a wreck Steph was as the company's CEO.

• Members

The revisionist history on this show drives me nuts. Listening to Steffy whine about "Brooke's disloyalty" and how she "never felt like she had a father.." UGH...I swear to GOD, I'm never complaining about ATWT's use of history ever again. It's NEVER as frustrating as this. NEVER.

• Members

I wholeheartedly agree PJ! The question is whether she's intentionally lying as an attention seeking move. She lived with Ridge and Brooke during most of her childhood (if SORASing means anything). Brooke was the stepmom who went to PTA, made cookies, gave her oatmeal baths when she got chickenpox, all that other stuff the writers told us Brooke did.

Suddenly her family was deprived of Ridge's company? The more Steffy speaks, the easier it is to hate the character.

• Members

Given her rant on Brooke yesterday, I don't think it's a lie. (If it is, it sure makes her smarter than everyone else on the show...) Ironic that the one example of "disloyalty" she can really point at is Brooke backing her and Rick's romance to Ridge. Of course, Steffi's forgetting how disloyal that made her to Ridge (as well as her sister's memory, IMO).

So either she's a liar or just a whore. I'm leaning towards whore.

• Members

It was a lie. It was obivous that she was trying to manipulate Bill. He is hating on the Logan sisters big time righ now and she wanted to let him know that she empathizes bc of how Brooke made her feel lik she didnt have a fahter. That part was a joke but she knew thats really all she had to work with even though it was a stretch. Her main focus is to hurt Katie nad she's trying to use Bill and her sisters in order to make that happen by further driving the wedge.

• Members

I saw it as her bonding over a mutual hate. We already know she covets Bill and resents Katie having the power at FC. She blames Brooke for busting up her family, and Donna for humiliating StephanieSr. She's somehow blamed "the Logans" for the demise of FC, as if their financial woes aren't a direct result of StephSr. trying to engineer a coup and oust Eric with Bill's help. They're in a hole because StephSr. put them there out of a vindictive need to prove to Eric he was nothing without her. But of course, that's not StephSr.'s fault...:rolleyes: her betrayal was justified.

• Members

I don't know but this week was a well scripted week

even on their website comments are did they get new writers.

Bill got down for his dust took Eric and Ridge to school Kudos to Don Diamont he checked them

told them ta git the fleck outta here and go design at the mall....guess what? You use to own but I own this co. now...

then ranted on the Logan sisters in a scene I won't soon forget....as much as calling them sluts whose greatest claim

to fame is mattress back...

IMO even Steffy got down when she went to Bill/Katey's cottage she been toughing up

I enjoyed B/B esp with the awesome acting of SJB's Sandy the scene in the policeroom was excellent

and I like the guy who plays the Lt

those scenes were excellent had me in tears

re: her being in the evidence room asking where the hell is my kit and lamenting about all these

cases unattended...

Thought I'd never say this but .... Kudos to the Logan sisters,

Heather Thom's Katey and Kelly's Brooke in their scene Kelly knew to hold back and let Heather's Katey get down

saying you are all my sisters how can you do this to me... B/B rocked it...heart wrenching scenes from them this week.

whatever they are doing worked on me.

• Members

If there's a man who hurts, humiliates, or simply embarrasses her father, Steffy wants him (and yet she talks about Katie's betrayals). Ridge was barely holding on after Phoebe's death and within WEEKS, Steffy was locking lips with the guy. The further Ridge broke down, the more of herself Steffy gave to Rick.

Bill treats her father like property and she can't wait to bed the guy. That girl is sick. Ridge has given his children his life. He's always told Brooke that they both had obligations they had to keep, or being together would be too selfish. He put his life on hold during her early childhood, to give her two parents, and nothing is ever enough for her.

Archived