B&B: January Discussion Thread

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sue Flannery probably gave up on mentoring her(i.e. Finnigan, Frantz, Torkildsen) when she realized how much she(Jacqueline MacInnes Wood) sucked.

"Hope for the Future!" Brooke should have named her "Change."

And it looks like yet again, the B&B team is recycling the same scripts. Wake me up when this show does something interesting.

• Members

So Stuffy has so much experience after her three months as PR person at Forrester? And one day in the script Hope and Ridge consider eachother father and daughter and the next they don't.

I know whenever I give a presentation at work my mom gets an invite to come and cheer me on.

• Members

I'd rather have had that clan rebuilt too. But with Patrika?? Nahhhh

Darlene was a vamping creature with overtones of darkness. Darlene somehow--despite age and body and all that jazz--somehow managed to stay sexy...if you can believe it. She was just a full-on life force. She could pretend to strip ("Mustang Sally"), and it came across less pathetic than it could have.

In that sense, she was the opposite of Flannery (cold ice--brain, not feeling)...McCoy to her Spock. Can you think of another working actress of that generation who is so fully embodied?

• Members

I can't think of one... DC could never be replaced and I'm sure that's why the writers turned the marones into a pale version of the Spectras, but I'd be interested in seeing what Patrika could do. I wouldn't mind seeing a less funny/sexy Spectra sister with a little bite to her, one who was willing to put Stephanie in her place.

Mustang Sally? One of my fave BnB scenes of all time. If I had a top five, that clip would be in it. I don't know what gave DC the heart to do it, but she ate that scene alive and it was all about her. She was magnificent. You're right, anyone else would made it campy and sad.

• Members

So, I made the mistake of watching today. It has been some time. I last watched the episode where Bill ripped the Forresters a new one...because it was so highly praised in quarters.

But really. Have they lost all sense of storytelling?

Aggie starts to remember her rapist...a photographer...Graham...AND THAT VERY DAY Graham shows up to work at Forrester.

So, too, I don't know what to say about "Hope for the Future". THERE WAS NO CONCEPT. There were two amateurish poster boards...one with letters, the other with Hope's head shot. And the Logan girls say "Fabulous, we have our concept, done!"

Really? Why must this show act as though we are UTTER idiots? Why can't there be a modicum of realism.

Is Hope a high school student?

• Members

Amen to that. I know that my head would explode if they tried to pull such a stunt. Darlene Conley is a diva there is no substitute for. I wish they would write her death (Sally's) into the show. Some fans disagree with this, but I would like to have closure, myself... and a good old fashioned sob-fest. I'm still pissed that they never wrote CJ as being Nina's son on Y&R for the mother of all crossovers.

• Members

Well, Thank You! I don't watch B&B enough (I'm an occasional watcher) to know how well Sally's backstory was fleshed out. So I didn't know how realistic it would be to have a reveal where we find out that Sally Spectra really WAS Rose Deville, and Sally was her alias. But some kind of a bomb dropped at the reading of a will could work, I suppose.

Archived