2010: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMC has such a small writing team that maybe it just wasn't possible to have one of current associate headwriters take over headwriting duties and then only have 2 associate headwriters to do the thrusts (or whatever they do now instead of detailed breakdowns).

I don't know...I still prefer to believe that LB and ABC went into this arrangement agreeing that it could lead to a more permanent deal if they found they could co-exist.

• Members

That's what I believe too. Before, Frons always seemed to plan out the HW changes, he always had someone waiting in the 'wings' -- writing a story bible and ready to take over when he officially axed a writer. In this case, I think the decision to fire CP was made rather suddenly and LB was hired rather quickly. McTavish was writing her bible when Rayfield/Cascio were still in place, Pratt was writing when B&E were still in place, and Alden was writing when McTavish was still in place (of course Alden didn't work out in the end). I'm thinking that LB is "auditioning" right now and will stick around if she and Frons see eye-to-eye.

• Members

My thing is, I they can keep Maria as some figurehead for all I care, but they should have the common sense to fire Sheffer, Hamner, Rauch, and replace writers on the writing staff and make it a little smaller and more coherent.

I guess we'll see when Sheffer's contract is up in May/June.

But yeah, maybe it's not realistic and no one really cares about the show and the horrible writing they're putting out to Y&R fans.

• Members

More AMC tidbits:

- Shelley Curtis signed a contract w/ AMC, and will be directing full-time.

- Casey Childs spent last week in LA and will be spending the next week in LA. He's helping in the transition. Not sure if he directed any episodes. But after this next week, he's back in NY and won't be continuing the show.

Archived