Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toups

2010: The Directors and Writers Thread

Several wishes...

Y&R: Sheffer, Hamner and Rauch all fired from Y&R. Kay Alden, Jack Smith and Trent Jones return as Co-HW's under MAB (unless her royal thighighness doesn't crack and leave to 'explore other projects'). The rest of the writing staff needs some pruning, but otherwise, they're fine. David Shaugnessy returns as EP, though the curiously interesting notion of Jill Farren Phelps coming aboard as EP still intrigues me, simply because I don't think she could make Y&R any worse.

AMC: Lorraine Broderick actually becomes the HW. Failing that, Nancy Curlee.

B&B: Brad Bell quits as HW, stays on as EP and hires someone flashy as the new HW. If Kay Alden and Jack Smith don't go back to Y&R then they stay exactly where they are at B&B.

DAYS: NOTHING. No changes! *Kay Chancellor* Dear God In Heaven *Kay Chancellor* No changes!

GH: Robert Guza fired. Karen Harris becomes HW.

I always thought she was such an unsung hero during her time at both GH and DAYS, the actors on both shows really loved her, but she rarely got enough credit for her contributions, which apparently was a lot.

She was one of the producers who convinced Suzanne Rogers to come back to the show in the 80s after she'd been very ill. Shelly Curtis is good in my books!

Have these writer written for DAYS/OLTL before?

First time at their respective soaps!

She was one of the producers who convinced Suzanne Rogers to come back to the show in the 80s after she'd been very ill. Shelly Curtis is good in my books!

And I believe she brought a bunch of DAYS people to GH like Marty Davich and Matt Ashford. I'm forgeting a few more.

Shelley Curtis is going back to work and will be directing for AMC: LA. Not sure if it'll be more regular than her NY gigs (probably), but there ya have it.

Also, I previously reported that most of AMC's producers would make the move to LA...apparently not. Not sure about Ginger Smith, but Coordinating Producer Nadine Aronson and Associate Producer Enza Dolce have left the show.

And, not a big surprise, but Casey Childs did not make the move to LA either. Nor did Michael Pomarico.

Wow, those are some long time producers and directors. I'm very intersted to see the first LA credits - when are the first LA episodes?

I had a second question too, Toups! ;)

Who am I kidding, of course this writer wrote for Tomlin at SuBe. LOL!

And I believe she brought a bunch of DAYS people to GH like Marty Davich and Matt Ashford. I'm forgeting a few more.

Mary Beth Evans and Stephen Nichols, lol.

She was also instrumental in Luke & Laura's return to GH in the 90's and Maurince Benard being cast (but that didn't turn out so well in the long run, of course), I remember an interview with her and Wendy Riche in the 90's.

She would have been a great person to replace Wendy Riche as EP of GH in the early 00's. Too bad it never happened.

I had a second question too, Toups! ;)

Who am I kidding, of course this writer wrote for Tomlin at SuBe. LOL!

Any guesses? DAYS one is so obvious. OLTL one....umm...the writer is well liked and respected in the industry. I like both writers. ;)

Mary Beth Evans and Stephen Nichols, lol.

Oh yeah. LOL And Billy Warlock.

She was also instrumental in Luke & Laura's return to GH in the 90's and Maurince Benard being cast (but that didn't turn out so well in the long run, of course), I remember an interview with her and Wendy Riche in the 90's.

She would have been a great person to replace Wendy Riche as EP of GH in the early 00's. Too bad it never happened.

I know. :(

Angela Tessinari also expectedly didn't make the the move (her husband's job is firmly based in NY, so a move wasn't really plausible for her and her family). I hear that she'll fly out to LA to direct sporadically. Casey Childs will not continue on in any capacity.

Francesca James will also be directing episodes of AMC: LA.

I am PRETTY sure that Conal O'Brien and Steven Williford made the move and will be continuing with the show.

Heard that JHC stole a key crew member from GH - but I don't yet have the identity. Grr.

Alright, here are the first teasers of 2010!

- OLTL: Writer IN

OLTL one....umm...the writer is well liked and respected in the industry. I like both writers. wink.gif

My guess Courtney Simon.

Heard that JHC stole a key crew member from GH - but I don't yet have the identity. Grr.

I'm just guessing, could it be Mercer Barrows? He was Julie's Coordinating Producer at PC, I believe.

Then again, Mercer seemed very close with JFP at the Emmy's, so who knows...

Ohhh..hmm....I'm going to agree with Alvin's guess of Mercer Barrows. What if it's someone like Bill Ludel, wouldn't that be shocking!

My guess Courtney Simon.

Yup!! OLTL's script writing team is getting a lot tighter - Melissa Salmons, Aida Croal and now Courtney. Not bad at all.

Any guesses on the DAYS one? :)

Ohhh..hmm....I'm going to agree with Alvin's guess of Mercer Barrows. What if it's someone like Bill Ludel, wouldn't that be shocking!

Yup!! OLTL's script writing team is getting a lot tighter - Melissa Salmons, Aida Croal and now Courtney. Not bad at all.

Any guesses on the DAYS one? smile.gif

Days one I would probaby never get...dont recall who Whitesell ...Tomlin..etc worked with...but I will just take a wild guess and say Carolyn Culltion.