Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toups

2010: The Directors and Writers Thread

Hogan Sheffer's contract with Y&R is up in May/June, right? I assume Hamner's is probably up during a similar time frame.

I wonder if Maria recognizes any of the creative backlash against Y&R and what her working relationship with Sheffer and Hamner are like. I hope, if all three of them aren't fired first, she opts to not renew Sheffer and Hamner's contracts when they expire this year and starts paring down that writing staff, if hopefully, a better and more competent HW/Co-HW joins.

Quick question: On the OLTL and DOOL credits, is it the last person listed that writes the script for that given day? I believe there's always two people at the end of DOOL episodes, so is it the one before them? Any help appreciated :)

OLTL's SW is listed before the Script Editor, who was Carolyn Culliton, and will soon be Katherine Schock. OLTL's credits are at the start of each episode.

DAYS lists their writing credits with the rest of their end credits. I believe the last writer listed is the SW.

I hope, if all three of them aren't fired first, she opts to not renew Sheffer and Hamner's contracts when they expire this year and starts paring down that writing staff, if hopefully, a better and more competent HW/Co-HW joins.

If wishes were horses....

Sorry--totally misread my information! AMC producers Nadine Aronson and Enza Dolce ARE continuing with AMC.

Do you know if Judy Wilson is continuing on? I noticed that, while she is still listed as the casting director on Showfax for New York, [assistant casting director] Bob Lambert is currently listed as the casting director for AMC in LA.

Yes, I'm 100 % sure that Judy Blye Wilson has moved to LA with the show.

It'll be like shooting hair models in a barrel for her, then.

Oh, good grief! :rolleyes:

She'll be in Astroglide heaven! I hope she doesn't have an expense account... Blanche will be racking up "working lunch" bills all up and down Venice beach.

Yep.

Now, all they need are Lloyd Gold and Judith Donato, and it'll be a mini-ANOTHER WORLD writing staff reunion. (The Cullitons, Gary Tomlin, Gold, Donato, Fran Myers and David Cherrill were all together on the staff at one point during the '84-'85 season.)