2010: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

Honestly when you hear Kriezman and Swajeski have been hired to Co-HW AMC, speculating doesn't even seem like fun. LOL!

It's as anticlimactic as Y&R these days, especially when they think they're being so hardcore by doing these lame stunts.

But I'll play, some guesses:

Jill Lorie Hurst

Tita Bell

David Rupel

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm crushed. It seemed like AMC was on the road to recovery. His first move when joining ATWT was dumping a multi-generational story involving the first family of Oakdale. Plus he fired the only black actress on the show who finally had gotten a popular story. Doesn't bode well for vets or minorities. Lots of his problems at GL followed him to ATWT in record time so I'm very shocked. Such a terrible writer.

• Members

At this point, I would actually be scared if JHC left AMC. We can't have a new EP and new heardwriters within the same year who know nothing about the show.

I think I would feel better if David Kreizman came out and said he's been a fan of the show since he was 5, even if he has to lie.

• Members

I was joking. About the karma part and about it being specifically directed towards you. :)

But... Usually when people get in overhype mode and start having these optimism excess posts, it tends to end up this way: complete and utter nuke exploding and ripping everything apart. Every time there was this limbo between HW tenures and people got all excited, a car crashed hitting a wall.

It is a sad day for AMC. And the industry as a whole. :(

• Members

I don't think there's anything wrong with optimism. Particularly knowing that they hired Lorraine Broderick (temp or perm) and JHC saying they're refining and redefining the show the way it was supposed to be aka Agnes Nixon's original vision. And then this hiring? It makes no sense. ABC's actions are not in line with their supposed intent.

• Members

And for good reason. Since when does a proven hack suddenly become, well, good?

Not that I think Tomlin and Whitesell are visionaries, but I think it's more than coincidental that DAYS's turnaround began around the same time those two joined the show.

Archived