2010: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am happy that the Culliton's have reunited @ DAYS. Courtney Simon at OLTL is a great move too. I think OLTL has at least a year before anything is done to ABC's schedule. If anything I see 2011 has the year to get nervous but even then hopefully the ratings have increased and ABC can't cancel it. Let's try and be optimistic people :-)

• Members

Courtney Simon may be a good writer, but it seems like she fell down on the job towards the last couple years as script editor at ATWT. There were many inconsistencies from episode to episode.

Neat that Tomlin - Culliton - Culliton, and other writers from AW in the mid-80s, are all reunited at Days.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I'm quite pleased with the Kreizman/Swajeski news. Chris B keeps saying Kreizman dumped the multigenerational Hughes story, but it was off the air already a full month before he was credited. There's no evidence that Kreizman made the call on that. I think Kreizman would really take advice from Agnes Nixon, as his interest in the soap pioneers was shown with the Irna Phillips episode he wrote (as well as mentioning Irna Phillips in his Emmy acceptance speech).

I am really excited by this Wendy Riche at AMC rumor I have seen a couple times, too. Please let it be true! Wendy Riche is badly needed back in daytime.

• Members

It's not exactly what you think should be happening. LOL. :P

I think the eight shows every four work days is why they have more people on staff. I think Tracey and Jack Smith already write two episodes every eight shows as it is. Maybe it really compromises the work for them to write three out of every eight shows. Also, with the show cutting costs and corners, it may be cheaper to keep Jack and Tracey writing two shows every eight episodes and hire an extra person who might be cheaper and new. It can't be saving them that much more, but it's probably another reason(in addition to nepotism and hiring from within) why Adam Dusevoir and Shannon Bradley were hired. Their pricetag per script is probably lower than theirs.

And Jack Smith's scripts aren't really anything to smile home about, IMO.

Archived