When Oprah first started out, she was a little sensational, she was competing with Donahue, so you'd see a show on Satanic Dismemberment before you ever saw the Christmas giveaway. In fact, I think it was her choice of topics early on, though most found compelling, David Letterman found grist for his comedy routine. Through time she started doing more relatable shows, booking better guests, and she took off. I would estimate that was around 1989, 1990. One of my favorites was Susan Lucci being honored and reunited with (most) of her male co-stars: Charles Frank (Jeff), Nick Benedict (Phil), Larry Keith (Nick), Michael Minor (Brandon), Nicholas Surovy (Mike), David Canary (Adam), Larkin Malloy (Travis) and Walt Willey (Jackson).
Re: Clint, I am part of that group (I think a majority) that wanted Viki back with Clint: Viki/Roger, Viki/Sloan, Viki/Ben, Viki/Charlie - never compared to what epic lengths Clint went to, to standby Viki in her distress... Ben maybe came close.
By
Lust4Life76 ·
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.