November 30 - December 4, 2009

Toups

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There is a ceiling in the demos that all the soaps including Days cannot surpass. The baby switch climax is probably Days' ceiling. It should rebound to some degree, but won't go as high as it was a couple weeks ago.

For the most apart, the ABC soaps have stabilized their demos, but the network cannot be happy with GH.

ATWT's increase isn't much and cannot be sustained.

• Members

I don't see where GH's ratings are noticeably poorer than anyone else. GH has for years been behind Y&R and B&B and that's where they are now still. I am sure that while no one is happy with their ratings including Y&R, they all see these ratings as typical and not something out of the norm. It was just this spring and summer GH was getting 1.7s with no end in sight for how low they would go. If a bad week is 1.9, I bet that is considered something of a small success.

• Members

WOW Poor Days they so did not deserve such a drop. Very sad. I hope they rebound this week. The show is still very good in comparison to the others.

Heh GH. They can suck on it. I can't imagine ABC is happy with this considering how they promoted Franco and return of JJ have basically added nothing to the show. The ratings aren't much better than they were over the summer and with these 2 BIG additions, they had to have been hoping for better.

• Members

Because ATWT has been consistently trending downwards for years. Take a look at the chart that Sylph posted on the "ATWT cancelled" thread. This decline combined with what happened to GL's ratings once it was announced it was cancelled, one can logically deduce that ATWT cannot sustain or increase its ratings for any extended length of time. All the soaps are in the same situation. Their day will come for cancellation.

But Y&R's 18 to 49 demos are the strongest of all the soaps. CBS isn't complaining.

Archived