November 30 - December 4, 2009

Toups

• Members

Yup. I believe it airs in primetime and whenever B&B stars are over there, their popularity is the equivalent of Brad & Angelina. B&B is probably the most likely soap to be able to survive on an alternative network/cable outlet in the U.S. because of their international success.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think GH will be the last ABC soap to be canceled, but it's days are numbered like the others. They focus on sleaze, secrets, stunts and stunt casting. The only reason IMO that GH's numbers increased since the summer were the stunts and recasts/guest stars. Based on other storylines alone? GH should be dead last.

• Members

They are up .1 or .2 over the summer where they normally trend lower anyway big deal. And back to 1.9 now. The Franco story is a dud. JJ's return. Most of his fans have tuned out after seeing the sleezy story they have him in.With the castng changes and their normal uptic, they should have gained a heck of a lot more. And IMO It was Claudia's murder not the stunt casting that brought viewers in since back in July her well publisized car crash also garnished a 2.0 for 2 weeks in a row I believe.

GH will be last but I still think OLTL will be next because they have always been the ugly stepchild at ABC.

• Members

Well I'll never watch OLTL again so? and I adore Carlivati and fond of what I know of Valentini

but I was traumatized...they alienated me

mocked my fanbase and made a fool out of REG's fans they didn't want

us and indicated as much through story so we walked so I'm done.

Re: GH I don't think they are happy but then I dont' think they give a sh.

the writing is horrid it isn't JJ it isn't Franco (although I'm still surprised, I really thought he would make a difference. I still can't get over it. I thought for sure this week but they are down a notch) They should be embarrassed. :blink:

Its Frons via Guza so they can bring on Jesus Christ and still won't make a difference.

• Members

If you look at the Franco story as an adaptation of Dante's Divine Comedy, the Franco story is not bad at all. I think it's too dark (but that's all GH knows) and too mysterious for the soap opera genre. If this stays true to Dante, it will become even darker but expose the involved characters for their sins. Problem is, the majority of viewers do not care about/know about the Divine Comedy & Seven Deadly Sins. As performance art goes, it may be extremely good. As soap opera writing??? I hope there's an actual payout for the viewers and not just an enemy goes after Jason's loved ones and he needs to ride to their rescue again.

• Members

Problem is this IS a soap opera not Dante's Divine Comedy. I won't get into the comparisons but I think it's a reach putting it mildly. And performance art? Honestly if this is what James Franco wanted to come to GH to do, stick to your current projects JF. All it's done IMO is hurt this show as every other storyline is being dragged out and stuck on SSDD to accomodate this Franco nonsense. All this for a hollywood star the majority of their viewers have no clue about.

• Members

I don't blame you on the OLTL stuff. Awful and I feel bad for those fans. But it's ABC so I am so not shocked. I would not be the least bit surprised if it was orchestrated outside of Carlivati's hands but who knows.

GH is a disgusting mess. There is not one interesting storyline on the show. A month ago folks were saying how much better the show was. It's rinse and repeat. I heard the same things last fall, this spring, the summer, and now this past fall all when new storylines kick in.

• Members

I would really worry if the demos fall that low or if the show has a long period of drops. It hasn't had that in a year. Considering how Days started the week at 1.9 and then a 2.0 and then got 3 straight 2.1's I feel secure in saying they will at least get a 2.1 next week. The baby stuff picked up again at the end of the week and Days was rather slow for a week and a half until the end of the week. Plus, your heading into a time of year in about one week where Days usually picks up a whole bunch of viewers. They will definitely be back where they were AT LEAST by the end of the month. They got to that point last year when they were lower then they are now.

This is the worst week they've had since summer. They will have a bad week occasionally. You just can't a long period of drops like the other soaps.

• Members

Yikes days i hope Ken Corday doesnt do anything stupid like fire more vets and bring big storys for people like Stefanie,Mia,Melanie,Phillip the key 4 that i ff thru every day....now if he did something smart like fire them and bring back Deidri hall in a good story and Christie Clarke/Austin Peck and other GOOD characters maybe something would happen.

• Members

OK

Dante's Divine Comedy going to the library this weekend but found a whole lot

on the internet

will read it is this the deal about hell heaven and purgatory?

Guza Sir-Hack-A-Lot did something like this that time when Luke visited the Pearly Gates during his heart attack when he was

like inbetween life and death or something, then broke out into song...I think it was Frank's "My Way"

I don't recall this you're right

(heard of Dante)

Ok this puts a whole new spin of interest in this for me

Thank you..

:mellow: Guza, ole' boy is always hacking he never gives it a rest.

from Puzo to the classics.

• Members

To some degree, ABC has to be happy that GH's 18 to 49 women demo has been relatively constant with an increase at the start of sweeps. However, ABC did spend a lot on promoting James Franco and the demos have not responded so the executives cannot thrilled.

Unless their ratings collapse, I don't think that AMC or OLTL will be cancelled soon. The new studios will reduce production costs and should give them both a couple extra years.

This is GH, there is never any payout. The story is about Jason as hero as is every other story. What annoys me is that Franco isn't even in the story. Jason and Sam talk about him constantly, but we hardly ever see him. If most of the story is going to be like this, the viewers are going to get tired if of it quickly.

Archived