How should ATWT end and who should come back??

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I might feel differently if I'd seen Julianne in the role at the time, but when I watched Mary Ellen Stuart the first time around, I thought she was fine. Watching her again thanks to Youtube, I still think she is good.

Lindsay Frost wasn't the star Meg Ryan was in the role but she seemed OK to me in the clips.

I think they should bring at least Frannie back to honor the Hughes family. The show has neglected them for years. I think if they hadn't spent so long neglecting them the show might not have lost so many viewers.

• Members

It doesnt have to be Meg Ryan or Julianne Moore. Lindsay Frost can return as Betsy and Mary Ellen Stuart can return as Frannie...with Claire Beckham as Sabrina. I wonder if they are going to scrap bringing in Daniel Cosgrove and other storylines planned and switch to concentrating to the ending. I know Jack and Carly are going to be back together. I wonder if their wedding will be the finale?

Amen DeeeDee!! It will be a treat to see him with Kim, Bob and John again. Gawd....Roger Howerth needs to be replaced....at least he'll be out of job!! He was an awful Paul.

• Members

Family reunions, everywhere, but not cheesily done like on GL, with the entire cast playing together in the park. [hood]Grrl, that was WHACK! Eggscreamly whack![/hood]

Andy, Frannie, Chris, and Penny are musts for the Hughes family.

Iva, Seth, and even Aaron are musts for the Snyder family.

Ellen, Betsy, and maybe Annie and/or Dee are musts for the Stewart family.

Jessica Griffin is must, period.

Of course, that's going out on a limb for many of those characters, but hell...they're in lame duck period now. What's the use in trying to please the network when they've given you until September to get out of town?

I actually wouldn't be against Nancy dying in the last few minutes of the show. Have her take her last breath and fade into a black and white clip of her and Chris. Fade to old b/w logo and then to black.

• Members

I would love it if both Larry Bryggman and Patricia Bruder returned. It's funny cause both were at the official 50th anniversary luncheon. At least there was a John segment for that episode.

Who else would I love to see come back? Frannie, Connor, Cal, Iva, we find out Kirk and Sam are really alive, Martha Byrne, Steve and Betsy, Andy.

How should it end?

--Eileen Fulton said she wants Lisa to walk down the aisle on last time for her 50th year to make for marriage #10. Either let her marry some young thing or have it be the perfect excuse for John to come back and finally marry her.

--James Stenbeck finally dies.

--From the current set-up it looks like everyone could find their happiness like on GL ie Holden and Lily, Jack and Carly, Simon and Katie etc.

--Big splashy final gathering of Hughes, Stewarts, and Snyders with Nancy having the last word in.

• Members

I did it for one of my fan fiction endings, but I think it would be a great closer.

First, we see pictures scattered across the floor. Pictures of past storylines, actors, places, etc. They're everywhere. And as the camera slowly pans up, we see a box full of pictures. (Obviously, someone has pulled them out to look at them.) Perhaps have a few in frames as we pass along the hallway and enter a bedroom. (Or make the whole closing scene be the bedroom--with pictures strown all over the bedroom floor). And now, slowly, the camera pans up and we see Nancy lying in bed. As she reaches for the lamp to turn it off, we see one picture of her and Chris (from the premiere episode). Hell, a screen cap would do. Nancy fondly touches it, as it stands on the nightstand. We see a flash and we go into a small flashback of Nancy's first line "Good morning, dear". (Optional: follow it up by a fast paced "time travelling" montage of video clips). As she continues touching the picture, we hear Nancy say "Good night, dear". She reaches up and turns the lamp off, soon scooting into a comfortable position in the bed. The camera pans out and we see Nancy sleeping comfortably. Fade to black.

• Members

It would be ballsy to have Julianne Moore come back very briefly as both Frannie and Sabrina. The twin thing would be a showy turn in the eyes of the mainstream press and she is a very respected star who has nothing to lose. I would push hard for that. It would be a great way to honor the program. Knowing Goutman, though, he will merely bring back Frannie in the form of, say, Liz Keifer or (shudder) Ellen Wheeler, but give her the same amount of airtime. Frannie is one of those characters that should've been brought back years ago, OR immediately after they lost Martha Byrne, instead of recasting Lily. Now an appearance is the least they can do.

I'd also want Penny, Ellen, Andy and John. Andy could easily be back on a short contract. It was ridiculous the hatred either Bloom or was it MADD? had for Scott DeFreitas. He was wonderful. No reason they can't do a good story with Andy and someone in nine months. And I believe Daytime Confidential said Andy had a mixed-race child; was that by Denise? They could introduce a new teen. I'd want to see Lien back too; that was a waste that they dumped Lea Salonga. Why not introduce her now and give her a story for the next nine months? And then there's Jessica and Bonnie.

Lisa, Kim and Bob all deserve something to do, some short-term storyline that at least gives them a place in the narrative. I'm not asking for huge promos and a location shoot, just something fun. OLTL always gives even people like Patricia Elliott something to do, though less so in the last year, but who knows why that is - in any event, they used her again a lot starting with Asa's death. They stuck a silent moment with her (as Renee) and Nigel alone toasting Asa on this year's Thanksgiving into an episode where she was otherwise completely absent, and they did that because they knew people would care. Case in point.

Scott Bryce and Martha Byrne, as well. And Lucinda in a story, even if a large portion of it is younger or other major characters. Real simple. Most of this is just common sense. Oh, and let Nuke do it. I don't care how bored or stoned those two guys are off-camera. You're doin' it. I don't care about them anymore but their fans are owed it.

Oh - and Chris Hughes. Chris #24 or whatever it is now. Find some good actor and do a story. I think it's important to reestablish core characters, young and old in leading roles given the amount of time we have left and in order to show people that world going on, continuing, even if you don't see it, implying that the returns of a Chris, or an original Lily, or an Andy will help carry Oakdale past cancellation, even if only in our minds.

Sorry - I forgot Iva and Lyla. Them too. I'd also like to see Josh come back and tangle with nutty Meg by the end, a good recast. That would be both giving fans something new that they're currently enjoying (crazy Meg) with soemthing classic and historical (Josh).

• Members

If only the TPTB had kept consistency over the years,then we wouldn't be clamoring for these returns.

The fact that Frannie has not been seen since the early 90's is a disgrace.By now her children could be the new teens on the show.Andy Dixon,Lien Hughes,the Ward Quads etc were naturals to be included over the years.

But the feeling seemed to be that anything associated with the past and the foundations of the show were irrelevant.

Doug Marland had Don Hughes have a daughter Kristina in the mid 80's,obviously to keep the core family in the spotlight,but that character was never utilised.

One of many reasons the show has been axed.

• Members

I would love to see Julianne or Mary Ellen Stuart return, but Liz Keifer would have made a really good Frannie.

There were rumors that Lucy Johnson, who was in charge of CBS Daytime before Bloom, either thought Scott was not "hunky" enough, or that she thought he was hot but he wasn't interested, so she wanted him gone. I always thought that was a little hard to believe, although I do think Scott was very attractive as he got older and I like to imagine Johnson fuming as she reads of Scott and Maura having baby #15.

Andy had a child with Denise, yes. Baby Hope.

The show's decision to ignore most of the Hughes family over the past decade has never made sense to me.

• Members

I also wanted to say that I think they should show flashbacks of characters even if they are not the actors currently in those roles. There is a lot of really delicious stuff with Tom and Margo and with Paul and Emily that viewers would probably be happy to see, whether the current actors are in those scenes or not.

Archived