How should ATWT end and who should come back??

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Many great scenarios have been mentioned here! I love them all!

I'd like to see a respectful Hughes family story arc. They owe us that.

Martha Byrne and Larry Bryggman return.

What I really like for an ATWT tribute???

Soapnet begins airing Classic ATWT beginning with Douglas Marland's return to ATWT.

I can see it now: Douglas Cummings,the introduction of Martha Byrne as Lily,Shannon and Duncan,Hal,Margo,Barbara and Tom,the Tad Channing murders,the Rod Landry reveal, etc.....................

And all the fan start laughing as if Brian Frons would allow something like that!

• Members

Hopefully better than GL's wrap up. I think you can slowly wrap up the extraneous stories (like say, TERI, who just came on) and focus more on the core group as it winds up. That was the worst mistake GL made, was too much focus on fringe characters that they cheated us out of seeing the core group move on with their lives.

I think for the final eppys, I'd love it to be centered on Kim and Bob's anniversary (yes, I know it's technically in April or May...) and get some of those familiar faces back. Sure, Bryggman might not come, but I'd bet my ass Scott DeFrietas would return (and I think it was Lucy Johnson who canned him) and the rest of Kim and Bob's brood.

And show EVERYONE there. Honor those family bonds. Honor the feeling of a community that Irna and Doug Marland worked so hard to establish and revitalize back in their days.

And specifically---Marry Jack and Carly, and get both her sisters to come to her wedding.

• Members

Bob and Kim's 25th anniversary is in 2010, isn't it? That would be an awesome foundation on which to build a Hughes family reunion. They can do it similar to the way they did Chris and Nancy's 50th. It's way convenient. Hopefully someone is thinking about things like this.

The "Good night, dear" idea is great.

• Members

As much as I'd love to see all of these returns, I just don't think it'll happen. If we get somebody to come back to play Frannie, or if Iva makes a return, I think it'll only be a one or two day thing for the last few episodes. Like how GL had Nola come back and just sort of put her in the background like an ornament. I don't think TPTB are really concerned with pleasing fans; they're content to coast through till September.

So, given the canvas that we now have, I'd like to see:

1) Reconcile Lily and Holden. It seems like we're already on the way there, what with Meg and Damian. But I'd like the next nine months to be about Lily and Holden rediscovering their love for each other. The past few years have been so jerky and sudden in terms of people coming between them, just to have them reconcile shortly thereafter and be broken up again the month after. Let it go slow; get the family involved; basic stuff. By September, let us believe that Lily and Holden are in this for the long haul again.

2) Same goes for Jack and Carly. I'd love for Craig to just leave, but that won't happen. He's the shows "hero," after all. Personally, I don't want to see him in a romantic story. Put him in a storyline with Lucinda, let him start making amends. I've seen lots of clips online of Craig at the Snyder Farm. Let's reestablish those connections.

I think that both of those are do-able with minimal effort from the show-runners. At this point, I just don't want to get my hopes up for a big, splashy, Hughes-laden last couple of months. Don't get me wrong; I don't think that TPTB are stupid enough to ignore the Hughes entirely, but I wouldn't expect more or better than the usual treatment.

As for what I'm not looking forward to, but fully expect:

1) I can't see Nuke getting married, but definitely going off into the sunset.

2) Casey and Ali reconciliation. (Uggghhhh)

3) Paul dumps Em for Meg. (I can see it happening, or not. It's hard to tell where the show will go with this given the recent change in direction).

I do foresee a Will and Gwen return. Neither of them would cost huge sums of money, and they are very fresh in the show's memory.

• Members

Actually, I'd like to see Dylan Bruce back in the role. Not only was he great eye candy but he was quite likable as Chris. I've had to sit through quite a few Chrises, and even sorta liked some (Paul Korver, Bailey Chase), but I thought he fit perfectly. Plus, he's the ONLY actor on the show who's ever had any chemistry with Marnie Schulenberg's Allison. Considering what a wet blanket she is, that's quite a feat.

UGH, PLEASE NO! Putting Paul back with Emily was one of the best things the show did in 2009. For the love of God, PEG ate the show whole from 2006-mid-2009. I'd much rather they reunite Meg with Dusty, if they have to find love for her.

I like the idea of a Will/Gwen return. Though I didn't like some of their later stories (who's BAD idea was Cleo, and what director allowed Jenn Landon to give that dreadful performance?), for the mostpart I liked them and I miss Will's relationship with Barbara. I think Soffer & Landon would return for the last 6 months if asked.

Supposedly, they stop filming in June, so if any of this is going to happen, they're going to have to get moving.

• Members

Yeah---totally messed up "celebrating" Tom and Margo's "25th anniversary" when you had a thirty-ish looking Adam around which meant Margo's two miscarriages before Adam would have been even older than that.

I wouldn't mind Will and Gwen returning. As long as Will gets to say stuff, and Gwen gives Carly some love.

• Members

It'll never happen, but I'd like them to start ATWT reruns a couple years before Marland. The show was REALLY good with the headwriter directly before him. Only problem is that they lacked humor. I believe the Dobsons wrote before that as well. Basically, the 80s were great for ATWT and I'd like to see most or all of it.

It's a shame PGP closed it's AOL channel. Now that they're out of the soap business, I wonder if this is it. Will we ever see any of these soaps on the internet or DVD? Such a shame they didn't try it after ATWT and GL weere canceled so we could've seen at least a good year or so of those classic soaps.

• Members

I know I am DEFINITELY in the minority on this one, but I kinda liked the Cleo stuff. I loved the stuff in Branson, and I really just liked that whole teen scene from 05-07, post-Celia but pre-Noah. Gwen and Will, Maddie and Casey, Luke and his issues, and Jade stirring the pot for everybody. If Luke wasn't gonna be with Kevin, they should have given him a love interest immediately following the Raven Lake stuff, and I don't mean the birdseed that is Nuke. A *real* romance, but I knew better than to expect that.

Oh, and Paul Korver mmmmmmm :wub: :wub:

No reason for them not to put some of the older stuff online now. They have 2007 episodes of ATWT and GL on Hulu, and 1991-1992 episodes of AW. Why not just start both ATWT and GL in the early 80s and release a certain amount each week like they were doing with Edge and Search?

• Members

I also hope they bring Will back. Will, Casey, Hunter and Noah can team up for some sort of hard-hitting, socially relevant storyline in which they must infiltrate a black market college Greco-Roman wrestling club...um, tied to drugs in the community or something.

I thought Dylan Bruce was beyond weird and creepy. I preferred Bailey Chase. That's right, I said it.

Archived