AMC: Amanda being recasted

• Members

Ill miss Stause, who has made some unworkable material work but lately it seems like AMC has been too scared to recast when in the past they would have--iut's a soap and recasting is part of the game--I just hope they use an experienced actress, someone who I warm to quicker than it took to warm to Stause (I admit...)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked CS from the start. I didn't think and still don't think that she is a particularly talented actress. She has charisma and energy which I found interesting and fun to watch. I still don't believe that sweet little Amanda would have grown up to be vixen. It took Alexa leaving and a poor Babe recast for ABC to finally recognize that CS's Amanda should be featured. They wasted her for years. It is karma that she is leaving now that they need her desperately.

• Members

Interesting. Either TPTB are telling her a flat out lie until Friday OR they don't think they will have found someone by January 4th and so they will let CS stay around on recurring (like she wanted) until they do find someone OR things changed with the HW change.

• Members

AMC would be smart to just let her recur during pilot season and if she doesnt end up with a picked up pilot offer another contract.

Soaps have got to find a way to keep its young talent. Offer them vacations to film movies, tim to film guest spots etc... something.

• Members

They can definitely recast. But if they were smart they would cultivate both Stause and Melissa Egan, who I think has come lightyears in a very short time. Pratt has turned into a bizarre mutant crossbreed of Kimberly Shaw and Faith from GH, yet Egan somehow sells the crap he's made her do. The concept of Annie as a slightly unhinged vixen works, as does her relationship with Adam, but Pratt keeps pushing for her to be more slutty, more disloyal and it's too much. How many men can she lust after in one month while simultaneously weeping over how much she loves Adam? The character is left with no core values. And that might work on the shitty final seasons of Melrose, but not here. I hope Broderick can keep Annie but fix those problems. And Amanda - God, I can't think of anyone stupider than she's become. Tragic.

• Members

Vee, i couldnt agree more with every word here.

MCE & CS both really grew leap and bounds. Sadly, as they did their characters were ruined by bad writing and awful stories. However, both actress' have been able to make it work somehow. They sell it, and sell it well. Amanda is just stupid, plain and simple. The show doesnt even seem to show her conflicted or trying to think of a way out of the situation she is in. Sad, esp since she RPG and VI all play so well off each other.

I think HM could pull it off. She grew a lot as an actress by the end of passions.

Archived