Charlie's Angels: Discussion Thread

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think they look good together. A little on the thing side, but that's okay. The picture looks like the part from the old opening credits where the Angels would do their strut out of the police department.

So far, so good. I'm with this for the time being. I just hope TPTB really, really study the original and keep its tone, look, and feel. I can deal with Florida standing in for California (don't really understand the point, but whatever), but I won't accept an über serious version or one that's full of crappy jokes like HF0. The episodes being self-contained gives me great hope.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Castle is starting to beat Hawaii 5-0 in the timeslot. These shows I mentioned weren't the mega hits they were intended to be but the do well enough.

NBC can't put the show anywhere since Charlie's Angles is an ABC show. They probably will put the show on Tuesday or Wednesday.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I've only watched one episode of H50 and I wasn't big on it because a lot of it was so random and pointless. They spent like five minutes on a basketball match between Scott Caan and DL Hughley. I liked the story, though, and I wanted to watch more, but I'm so not used to watching current crime/mystery shows, so I never got around to seeing it again.

But CA has me excited. I really really really really hope they can capture all that was great about the original while making it modern. It can be campy, but it must NOT be silly and obnoxious. I've been wanting a fun, breezy hour of crime drama for years now, and I hope this is it. Two of the three girls look great in nearly every picture I've seen of them, and Minka really looks like she could have fit in with Kate, Jaclyn, and Farrah. I've no problems with Bosley being young and hot, I just hope they don't try for a romance story with him and one of the Angels.

It's not necessary for them to have the old Angels make guest appearances, but it'd be a nice one-off thing. They could do a sweeps episode where Sabrina and Kelly (and/or Kris) joined forces with the new girls to solve a case.

Archived