Charlie's Angels: Discussion Thread

• Members

Finally watched..felt more like a movie than a tv show. Umm...at the beginning of the show I wasnt feeling it...Bosley being a young hot EricMonteral....hehee...that surprised me. I saw David Doyle's twin pop up and I thought that was Bosley.....lol. Once the show got going....I did like it. I will be watching next week. Not sure how long the show will last. I would change their timeslot to 10pm instead of 8pm.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have been surprised by all the criticism and dislike of the remake. I thought it wasn't much different from the original which had its share of bad acting and hokiness (and this is from someone who loved the original). I wonder if the first movie was so well done that it raised the bar for the remake. I thought the angels and Bosley were okay. I liked that the show felt young and stylish and that the cast was diverse.

• Members

It does have more of a CW feel to it. I really wonder why ABC picked it up...it definitely doesn't fit in with the rest of their shows. I think putting it on the CW would have targeted it more to a younger audience who wouldn't constantly compare it to the original and let it stand on its own.

• Members

From everything I have read comparisons to the original is not the problem. The show has been called the worst show of the new season with some of the worst writing ever seen on TV. The original was not a critical smash, and was scorned and ridiculed as being a complete waste of time. It was popular but never with the people who reviewed TV and it is not like any critic is saying that the original was something to aspire to.

Archived