Charlie's Angels: Discussion Thread

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They need to start remaking shows with some respect and that bear some resemblance to what was. I am tired of the "edgy" remakes. This is the second "edgy" flop. Just because BSG got acclaim for having dark lighting and everyone ponderously muttering doesn't mean it's the recipe for success.

• Members

Meh everything can be called a death slot--Revenge's was THE death slot for ABC for ages, and it's doing decently enough--this show was a misfire from the start, IMHO. Some here said how the original was hardly great tv--which is true, it actuallyw as pretty awful even by standards of its time--but people seemed to like its escapist style--I don't get why they didn't try to keep this one light as well, otherwise why not just do your own show?

• Members

EXACTLY. And like or hate BSG (and I'm on the fence, I love parts but hate others--I do find it overated), it also had solid writing and its own take on its universe--I didn't get that this show did at all. It felt unfinished--I am sure it got on the air by name only. I'm no huge fan of the frantic films--I remember kinda liking the first one when I saw it as a teen and finding the second a mess, but they were hits cuz they were (at least to some audiences) *fun*.

Exactly, it was jiggle tv for a reason. ABC should have kep that aspect and put it on the air on Friday nights for middled aged couples who weren't out :P

Archived