Charlie's Angels: Discussion Thread

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Woohoo Robert Wagner! Keep it in the Spelling family. John James as Bosley!

I hope they stick to the episodic format. There are too many shows trying to push complicated story arcs, and sometimes it's good to have an hour of action and fun each week without having to carry over plot lines and development.

There is the question of Charlie's age. Will RW be playing Charlie Charlie or a new Charlie? I like the idea of him still being old school. Just because it's 2011 doesn't mean everybody's Skyping and texting and what-not. It'll add to the character's charm.

• Members

Does TV make shows like the original Charlie's Angels? It's going to be difficult to pull off and taking them out of the Police Academy is already a bad idea. I wonder if they'll keep it in the same world as the movies/original show which could mean appearances from previous Angels (if successful). I'll watch but I doubt it'll be very good. Not impressed with casting either.

• Members

Nope. FOX kinda sorta does, but it's not exactly the same. Of course, it'll never be exactly the same (which is why DVDs and reruns and YouTube are great), but I think a similar formula could still work. There's a whole generation of action shows that would never be made today, all of those shows that blended a simple plot line with lots of car chases, shoot-outs, fight scenes, lovely scenery, good disco/country/rock scores, and pretty leading characters.

Hopefully they can do it with this, though. I'd rather they come up with something new, even if it's just another twist on the old private eye set-up, but I'll take this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

The one in the middle looks the best. The far right looks like a ripped straightjacket, and the one on the left looks like she's more likely to be battling starvation than crime.

So we've gone from beautiful California dolls to washed out old sheets?

Archived