Great Women of Soaps

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They look too beach-y to me. It's something you choose for a nice stroll along a beach pathway. Looking at the photo closely, perhaps that isn't a necklace, it's an upper, metallic part of the dress.

I love bangles and I'm glad she's wearing a ton. In a way, it reminds me of Nan Kempner and Cat's comment how her bangles "jingled like wind chimes whenever she gesticulated" when Cat saw her at an auction.

• Members

It is a necklace, it's either Alexis Bittar or Kenneth Jay Lane, she's worn it before...I saw it at Holt Renfrew (the Canadian luxury department store) a few months ago.

Ahh okay, got it about the shoes.

Joan was touring the Desert AIDS facility in Palm Springs, she hosted the Steve Chase Gala that night which benefits the facility, it raked in 1.3 million.

• Members

What I've always found fascinating about Joan is that she was trained at RADA. At times I'm WTF?! – because I expect great actress schooled at RADA to be also great tragédiennes – but at other times, I'm not at all surprised. I love it that she's a RADA alumna. happy.gif

• Members

Joan didn't graduate from RADA however, she only went for a year, maybe just a semester even. She talks about it in that bio show they used to air on Ovation. She said she learned how to apply old age makeup and hair silver or something like that and that was about it. :lol: She upped and left for Hollywood. She also said that, no, she's never done Hedda Gabler or those other classic stage roles her contemporaries have all taken a shot at but that never really interested her anyway ("So I didn't do Hedda, well, I did Alexis").

• Members

It seems as though those famous British drama schools aren't doing they job properly. Or at least so it seams. The accents are all over the place, the acting talent is mediocre. I've always wondered how come so many actors in Hollywood, and other places, aren't classically trained at all. Are drama school graduates that bad? Or 'unattractive'? Do they all go to do theatre? What's up with that? Sometimes I don't get it.

Archived