Great Women of Soaps

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm putting this here because it involves (faux) fur, and Melissa Leo was on a soap.

Have you heard about this odd campaign Melissa is doing to try to get her name recognition up? Apparently it involves posing in several somewhat odd ads, with "Discover".

http://www.laineygossip.com/Melissa_Leo_puts_out_her_own_Oscar_ads_08feb11.aspx?CatID=0&CelID=0

I love Melissa Leo and have for about 15 years, and I hope it does get her more work (I love her even more after learning that she invited a young gay student filmmaker to live with her after his parents disowned him for being gay), but these ads I don't get. The Discover makes me think it's a credit card ad.

I actually like how she looks good in the faux fur and such but thanks to the outfit and the makeup it ends up looking like she is an 80 year old actress looking back on her heyday.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Screen legend Joan Collins was taken out of the Vanity Fair party in an ambulance after a too-tight dress made her woozy during the fabled A-list post-Oscar bash.

The "Dynasty" diva, who had joined Graydon Carter's viewing party and dinner at Hollywood's iconic Sunset Tower Hotel, started to feel faint at about 10 p.m. and rested on a sofa in the hotel's Tower Bar before her husband, Percy Gibson, called an ambulance. She was discreetly helped out of the back of the hotel.

Collins, 77, who recently completed an acclaimed run at Feinstein's at The Regency, told us by phone yesterday, "We had been there for seven hours, and I started feeling dizzy. I tried to get some air, but I felt really faint. I wanted to leave in our limo, but Percy decided to call an ambulance. We went to the hospital, and they did all the tests before the doctors told me I was absolutely fine and released me."

She added, "The truth was, I made the wrong decision to wear a very tight dress, and had something rather like a Victorian swoon. The good news is, I am in good health and feel fine today."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/joan_swoons_from_snug_outfit_Xazzc2LYSOOr1JAzYnBGiM#ixzz1FLY6JCwp

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/joan_swoons_from_snug_outfit_Xazzc2LYSOOr1JAzYnBGiM#ixzz1FLXxFGKH

• Members

Glad to hear JC is ok. If it was a slim-fitting dress, I'll bet La Collins wasn't eating for many hours before the event so that she could slide into her outfit. Empty stomach + champagne + tight dress = recipe for disaster. Take it from me, lol.

• Members

Ella v Amanda was EPIC and it should have been the storyline for the show from episode one. The show would still be around if they'd allowed that to flourish. I love the look on Heather Locklear's face throughout this whole scene. She transforms herself into Amanda. It's really something to see.

I bet that dress had a corset in it. Empty stomach, champagne, corset, tight dress = feeling dizzy. I love how attentive her husband is. Well done Percy.

Archived