Great Women of Soaps

• Members

I hated the dress too. Hated it. It was just so tasteless and over the top and ugly. It WAS couture mind you, so JC hasn't given up, but she would have been so much better off in a peasant blouse, A line bottom and serious jewels.

The thing is, I have to wonder if it wasn't all intentional. That dress was so gaudy that she couldn't help but be photographed by everyone and then the "Victorian swoon" landed her on the cover of the Daily Mail, Express and in the NY Post, NY Times, LA Times and all the blogs. You couldn't pay for that kind of publicity.

She's a crafty one, our Joanie is.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She is capable of looking trim and classic.

22NH6F3WtRmQ9ul2nW%2BS50s%3D

That was taken only on Saturday, post "Victorian Swoon"...the little black dress works for her. And she's not wearing a wig either. And for you, Sylph, that picture is taken inside her Sierra Towers pad.

• Members

I would never say that Joan Collins has no taste, she may not have your taste and she may be a little overconfident in her own, but to say that she has no taste is too brazen a statement. And yet I take some dirty little glee in Sylph's diss (albeit on a soap opera message board she'll never read :lol: ) because she's been rude about the tastes of others and she can afford to take a couple on the chin. I will say that she needs to step up her wig game though, no ifs, ands, or buts about that. She needs to get her buddy Diahann Carroll to take her hair shopping.

• Members

She looks great in that picture and as she approaches 80 and her television appearances are less frequent, she should start wearing her own hair more often on TV. I think she looks younger, fresher, and less cartoonish.

• Members

Who is the designer? I don't know why she ruins herself like this. The wigs I talked about. She's not beautiful in the same way, say, Cindy Crawford is. Joan has this big, clever forehead and radiates with a certain kind of positivity. It's just a tiny bit from there to perfection.

grinning-smiley-9525.gif

grinning-smiley-9525.gif

• Members

The designer of that confection is Lebanese couturier Georges Hobeika. She literally must have picked the ugliest dress he made. Some of his designs are GORGEOUS.

Joan can look so fresh and great when she tones it down and goes with plain, classic things with a bit of sparkle.

• Members

OTT maybe but you know Joan would never wear anything *she* thought was ugly. :lol: Using Sylph's above example, that's why I often prefer the way Nolan dresses Dominique over Alexis in Dynasty episodes because her look is sleeker.

Archived