Great Women of Soaps

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly. It's just not who Joan is. She doesn't play losers. She wins, even when she loses.

Joan actually spoke about Method Acting. She said RADA was very much against it. Joan said that RADA training made you the "type of actor where you put on a role and then take it off and go home much like people try on clothes in a shop."

I did. Loved it. It was just. So. Fabulous.

I think "Alexis" is a real character study. She is unique. Aaron Spelling said it best in what I think is the greatest compliment Joan has ever been given, professionally: "50 actresses could have played the part and 49 of them would have failed [Joan] made it work."

Constance has never worn GH wardrobe. Everything is hers. Joan did the same thing on GL.

• Members

You sound like Pauline Kael. She used to be shocked when Kim Hunter or "rabbity" Maureen Stapleton actually had fun and showed personality in their later acting work. She couldn't stand the Method stuff. She said she didn't want to watch someone look depressed and peel a carrot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The 15 Most Memorable Female Soap Characters (AOL)

15. India (GL)

14. Rachel (AW)

13. Alice (DAYS)

12. Dorian (OLTL)

11. Raven (EON)

10. Lucinda (ATWT)

09. Reva (GL)

08. Marlena (DAYS)

07. Alexandra (GL)

06. Nancy (ATWT)

05. Viki (OLTL)

04. Katherine (Y&R)

03. Erica (AMC)

02. Stephanie (B&B )

01. Lesley (GH)

It's a good list, but 1-5 is kinda bizarre, no?

• Members

I was shocked they kept it old school, to be honest, with Stephanie the newest character on the list. Considering there's a huge ass picture of Lucci on their television homepage, I just assumed Erica would be #1. When I saw she was #3, I figured it would be either Laura or Lisa from ATWT, but...Lesley? She's so memorable but Guza keeps forgetting she exists.

• Members

I am so bad at this type of stuff. I see little difference between her hair and her wig and I don't understand why she would want to wear such a pain in the rear end. Don't they itch? I think this looks better than the overly curly look and to her credit she still looks great with dark hair when most women her age lighten their hair to soften the look.

• Members

Oh I am in absolute agreement with you. I don't like most of Joan's wigs, I like the one she's wearing a few pages ago because it isn't huge, but the overly big ones, I can't stand it.

I think Joan looks younger with her natural hair. She looks better with less. Less makeup, less hair, less over the top clothing. Less is more with her.

Archived