Y&R episode discussion

• Members

The fidgeting is unbearable. I am so tired of his tics. Yes, we know you're acting, good for you.

When they had the brief scene with the patient who asked him for help, and then he told her to go away, I was more interested in her story (even though I'm sure if they show her a lot I'll be tired of her too). I'm just sick of this character and his Method madness.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I must had a headache when they show how close they was. I didn't see that part. Because I remember that Colleen dated JT. Mac wasn't in town then. Then Colleen left town Mac came back. JT & Mac started dating. Then that's when AL came on as Colleen & her a Lily was playing on stealing JT from Mac. Then before Colleen & JT got together he sleep with Bortoria.

• Members

I had managed to forget about Miller over the past few days. The preview, where he says "we can't do this to Colleen's legacy" with about as much enthusiasm as I say "Yes, please, Jessica Simpson, make Dukes of Hazzard 2", has brought that to an untimely end. Whenever Traci has to cuddle with him or with Abby I want her to backhand them.

alphanguy, Adam does seem hopped up. He's always jonesing and he is so creepy. That Ashley actually thinks he is her friend when he is making all these weird faces like he's going to cough out an alien makes her seem like an idiot. This would have worked better with Engen.

I wish they'd brought Dina back for this week. Traci needs her mother, and she would have brought some gravitas. As it is, aside from Steve, I feel like Beth Maitland has been on her own for days and days. I appreciated that brief little moment between Traci and Jack where they talked about Jack and Nikki and the son they lost and his organs. Bergman seemed more into the story at that moment.

What does it say about the moral values at Y&R when the voice of reason in this baby story is a serial molester/rapist of vulnerable patients? As good as the actor who plays Dr. Taylor is at the conflicted aspects of his character, I still SHUDDERED when I saw him rolling up his sleeves to work on Sharon.

My laffo of the day was when Michael started talking about when he'd been an organ donor, and Victoria piped up with, "And not just to anyone, but Danny Romalotti!" I didn't even know Victoria ever knew him. Now I'm imagining Victoria dropping acid and "rocking on" to his concerts. Too much acid would explain a lot about this Victoria.

Poor MTS, having to sell this mess. Thank goodness she stayed. She is the only one on the Newman side who can make this salvageable.

• Members

It's funny, alphanguy I noticed all those things as well. I admit that Sharon running out into the hallway "I need help" came across as quite awkward, didn't it? They don't have nurse call buttons in their rooms I guess. The other thing was that both her and Ashley's baby bumps became baby bellies overnight (or at least it seems like that).

MM sucks. Enough said about him today the better. I think someone mentioned this before that Rubenstein should have been cast as a love interest for Jill - a rich older guy that she went after when she "lost all her money". I like him as an actor, but this role is just ... ugh.

And YES to TS blinking her fuckin eyes through the whole episode. She stuck out like a sore thumb. But Beth nailed her scenes anyway. She has to be exhausted after playing these scenes everyday.

Other than that, the difference in dialogue from yesterday to today was noticable. I know Cwikly wrote breakdown both days - but wasn't Esser scriptwriting today? I think she did a good job with today's episode.

IA Carl.

• Members

I have accepted Muhney's fidgets as a way of showing his constant "looking around the corner". But I agree, subtext is what is missing. Some of this is missing from the writing. We need to see that war between the Hope and Victor sides of Adam. That is what makes the character compelling.

Sursock has been moving her eyes each day. I have come to accept this as "involuntary eye movements". LOL about the bolded part.

Heinle is pregnant. But I agree. What little emotional drama there is to wring out of this foreordained plot with Victor is squandered in the emotion vacuum of Heinle.

Well, your note is the first time I realized Dina is missing. But you're right. As I recall, though, Dina and Traci were never that close. I seem to recall, when Dina first returned, Traci having residual resentment that Dina had made her feel bad about her weight. Traci was the youngest when Dina left. I guess my point is that there is no reason to believe Dina would be a comfort to Traci, and this could be addressed.

Although, in fairness, only a few days have passed in Genoa City, and Dina lives (I imagine) in Europe still. I think, if there is a funeral, some mention of why Dina did not attend would be warranted. Alternatively, given all the time being given to the pre-death mourning, I actually think it could work to say the funeral happened off screen, and Dina did attend. But I imagine a lot of viewers would feel cheated by that.

I wrote about this a while back. Rubenstein is totally playing against the sleazy doctor. He's playing a pained, sincere moral subtext. Enough that I no longer believe that Skye was telling the truth. Or even that Skye actually accused him. I could believe that Adam made all this up, and that Taylor is simply playing along in the hopes of not having his reputation besmirched. Or that Skye misinterpreted what was meant as a sincere romantic advance. (Before you say 'what?', remember Nikki married her gynecologist once).

Victoria wasn't a part of that story, it makes no sense. But then nobody knew Patty shot Jack...but now everyone seems to have known all along.

MTS is the oasis in the Newman part of this. She is the only one who makes me feel anything. I can't believe they almost let her go. And I can't believe they seem to be doing the same thing with Victor.

Yes, the blinking is obvious. Two sentences in the script would have fixed that.

TRACI: But her eyes keep moving!

DOCTOR: Just an involuntary reflex to hydrate the eyes.

It would be EASY to invalidate the Taylor perv angle.

TAYLOR: I am telling you, I never mishandled Skye, or anyone! I've gone along with all of this simply to try to protect my practice and my reputation.

ADAM: Well here's news for you, doctor. Skye never said that. She only mentioned that she had gone to see you once when she was afraid she was pregnant. She thought you liked her. I made up all the rest.

TAYLOR: What a fool I have been!

It is lame, but it could quickly get rid of this perv bit, and then Taylor would be a viable man for Jill. I'd love Jill to meet a decent, loving man...and to heal and grow in the context of that relationship (at least for a little while). Truly, I'd love her to find 'true love' with a man like Taylor...and then have a young manicurist/companion come along and steal him away from her. :lol:

Yes, absolutely. That is exactly what is missing.

You're right. But I could buy that [ a ] little time has passed, [ b ] she was only recently claimed to be brain dead, and [ c ] the grandmothers live in Europe. But they should at least be referenced, or claimed to be too ill/distraught to travel...or something.

• Members

Mark, you do have good points about the lack of the grandmas. I should be careful what I wish for because if I don't we'll get this.

Abby: Hi everyone. I just got a text from my cool friend in Zurich that my grannies got killed in a plane crash on the way here.

(Abby tries to make a sad face)

Archived