Y&R episode discussion

• Members

It helped last year when Sheffer was added and Griffith was fired (though there was more to that story).

No, this regime has consistently failed. Again, their honeymoon period is over, and they've sunk instead of swam.

The "give it time and it will get better" excuse doesn't work for me, because things have only gotten WORSE with time regarding this writing/producing regime, and that excuse has failed miserably at other soaps with similar problematic writing regimes.

No thanks. Have you seen Generations or her DAYS? Y&R doesn't need to be incredibility silly and mundane at the same time.

Y&R needs some change, and for the better. Whatever this writing and producing regime is doing, isn't working.

But if Maria can't be fired, she needs to replace Sheffer, Hamner, Rauch, and few staff writers PRONTO. And add only ONE Co-Head Writer, and someone good with a proven track-record, or a trusted Bill Bell protege, and no not someone like SSM.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I already sort of did this actually. The all-time worst time, ratings wise, was when MAB first took over with JG. After HS joined, the erosion stopped, and we got gain.

The second worst regime, ratings wise, was Kay Alden.

The most interesting regime, ratings wise, was LML. For the first half of her run, with KA/JS, it was actually gain. For the second half, when she was supreme leader, it was a decline almost as bad as Alden's.

I haven't looked at MAB in the last few months. My guess is we're clearly back in the negatives...and maybe pretty steep negatives, actually.

Link is here:

http://markhsoap.blogspot.com/2009/04/y-rating-headwriters.html

• Members

The Internet has been present for millions of soap viewers for almost a decade now. Y&R's ratings drops were both big and very sudden -- around the time Shemar left, and then early in MAB's run. I think a lot of people hold on and hold on until they can't quite make the effort anymore ,until they feel like their Y&R is gone. For that reason I won't be surprised if we get another BIG drop within the next 6 months.

• Members

I don't think CBS or Sony intend on getting rid MAB, at least, I could see them ushering in a new CHW, EP but they aren't making money on these soaps anymore and they are lacking not only in the production but in the lack of interest from the some of the actors.

I agree, I'd like to know on what planet they live on thinking that CK is a good actress. She sucks and also sucks the life out of her scene parters. I just don't get that at all.

I haven't watched today's episode but after reading everyone's thoughts, I think I can miss another Lily episode.

I saw this posted elsewhere but did anyone catch in the credit's that a "body double" was used for Colleen and the extra was actually credited for a few days. They didn't even let Sursok finish those bed scenes as it appears she only filmed one days worth of the hospital bed scenes. Interesting, or so I though!

• Members

I know Christel Khalil isn't the stongest actress, but the writers do her no favors when they have Cane talk about "The Adventures of Lily and Colleen". It makes look like she's a little girl.

Can someone poked Christel and Haley in the eyes so they can produce tears.

I didn't watch much of Deacon on B&B, but I don't find him sexy or appealing. He's has this sleazy factor.

It's only Monday so maybe Jt, Devon, and Mac will get their good byes to Colleen.

• Members

How many of you watched GL? Do you remember Lizzie's leukemia? They never showed her losing any hair (they had it on a brush but she always had blonde curls, she never even got a cut), and then she beat leukemia because in a dream, she slayed a dragon.

At the time I thought they were doing this because a child was involved, but now I think Rauch just has some fantasy land idea of cancer.

• Members

I'm watching today's episode live, and wanted to post a few thoughts during the commercial. Hayley Erin sleeping on the couch in the waiting room.. GOOD. Keep her there. Beth is brilliance personified. How she can pull up this kind of emotion from herself for DAYS on end is jsut amazing to me. This woman had better get an Emmy for this. Sharon Case staggering out of her room, OBVIOUSLY with a pillow under her dress? DAMN. John Rubenstein is TRYING his level best to save these scenes today with Muhney... but they don't work for me. Muhney is too fidgety... he's not playing subtext. The scene with Jack telling

Traci about his babay's organ donation was VERY touching. Maitland and Bergman were WONDERFUL in this scene. HERE'S THE PROBLEM. She's in her final scenes and Sursock moves her F@CKING EYELIDS????!!!!! (And I have a 27 inch standard def TV, can you imagine what it looks like for someone with a huge plasma on tehe. She's lying brain dead in a BED and can't even do it right!!! And I'm just going to SAY IT.... is Heinle Stoned?

Archived