Y&R episode discussion

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK, I made it through the episode.

The good points:

- The woman who plays Colleen's doctor is a very understated yet effective actress. I wish Y&R could do more with her.

- Beth Matiland was wonderful in her scenes. My heart broke at her reaction to having to talk about Colleen being an organ donor.

- I thought Graz was very good as Daniel said goodbye to Colleen. That was such a pointless relationship but I really DID believe that he cared about her, thanks to his work today.

- I get tired of the whole "Victor's a bad man but he's really a sweetie, and what would we do without him?" dynamic but I liked the chapel convo between Nick and Nikki. MTS carried the entire Newman family on her back today, and brought out some good shades from Josh Morrow. I also liked her brief conversation with Victor, in spite of the dialogue.

- Deacon is OUT OF PLACE on this show and I feel nothing when he's around Victoria, but I did laugh when he put his hand to his chest to mock Amber's weeping over Colleen. Seeing him swagger through the hallways is fascinating because he has that natural charisma which many of the alphas on Y&R lack. If they were going to ignore Adam's true age, HE should have been a recast for Adam, if you ask me.

The bad:

- The dialogue stunk. My personal lowlights (paraphrasing):

Nikki: "I will go all the way to Oz so the Wizard can give you a heart."

-

Cane: "We will put your memories in a book and call it the Adventures of Colleen and Lily." (Is that like the Adventures of Pete and Pete? Did they wear a lot of flannel shirts as a child?)

-

Lily: "Did you forget what the last F in BFF stands for? Best Friends FOREVER!" (I've got an F for you, Lily)

Who writes this sh!t?

--

I am tired of seeing people get angry at the doctor and have this passed off as pain or grieving. Josh Morrow gritting his teeth does not make me think he is mourning. It makes me think he has rabies.

-

Most of the bedside drama fell flat for me. I was not that moved by having Kevin and Jana with Colleen, and I know Emily O'Brien has done better work in the past. But the worst was Amelia. I am going to start asking Y&R to have Gwyn Alden show up in GC and start slaughtering Newmans.

--

When will this increasingly creepy coddling of Lily stop? The way Cane was speaking to her and interacting with her almost seemed like she was a child.

• Members

"(I've got an F for you, Lily)"

:lol::lol::lol:

So Lily's gonna have a miracle baby one of these days... maybe they didn't get this specific, but did she have a full hysterectomy? I know they saved some eggs.

Do people like Amber? I have a hard time understanding how if they do. She's the type of character who makes me automatically think less of the person she's romantically involved with.

• Members

I liked Amber during some of her B&B run and I liked her early relationships with Katherine and Daniel. I am tired of her now, as she is just so stupid and shrieky and self-involved and as she proved today with that severe hairstyle, she is far too old for the teenager role.

• Members

I can't stand her. Carl put it very well - "shrieky" is one of the reasons why I can't tolerate her. It's funny you said that you think less of the person she's involved with cuz I feel the same way.

I do like her friendship with Katherine. That's it. I want her to fall in love with Deacon and go with him back to LA. Like yesterday.

I hope they react sooner than that, aML. It will be very hard to get those viewers back if they let that happen.

I may skip today's show altogether. But I do luuuvs me some Beth M, so I might watch for her.

• Members

I can't defend the Colleen death story. And I admit that something is "off" in the emotions. I actually only read genuine emotion from Nikki, Traci and ... surprisingly ... between Cane and Lily as he was talking about how they'd use the scrapbook.

I am shocked that I feel nothing about Victor...but I think that is because the "remedy" to his problem has been so clearly telegraphed (and spoiled).

Structurally, it would have been better if...just as Traci decided to make the organ decision...Victor was being discharged hale-and-hearty...and THEN he ran into problems. By deceiving us that Victor was going to recover, his subsequent need for a heart could have been a surprise.

But, no matter, I find I left this episode angry for a very specific reason. JT is Colleen's love-of-life. I believe they were that for one another. Thad's lack of emotion has been galling to me for days. Now, though, he didn't even get a private goodbye scene (like Lily and DANIEL??) in the hospital? Really? Really? I realize JT and Victoria are supposed to be the "end game"--but I never bought that...not for a moment. JT should not be dispatched home to relieve the babysitter. He should be unable to leave his beautiful Colleen's side. He should be a mess. He should realize that Victoria will NEVER be to him what CeeCee was. Well, on my soap, anyway.

And Hayley Erin. All I'll say is that she makes me WISH WISH WISH that Mark Teschner were casting this show. She is at the center of FOUR tragedies (Brad just died, Colleen just died, Victor might die, Ashley is in the nuthouse). Abby should either be an incoherent mess....walking pain...or she should be plucky and put on a brave front (like Traci is doing). But this sh!t she's playing...has no basis in real emotions. It totally undermines the writing.

• Members

Thanks, aMLCproduction... I know I forgot completely that it was monday. And BOY do I agree.... today was totally bad. And I tell you why.... Heinle, Morrow, Kahlil, and Erin killed the entire episode. Today they didn't focus as much on Maitland... HUGE mistake, considering she's been literally carrying this show BY HERSELF for the last week. It's amazing how bad it really was without Beth having a large amount of scenes... it's quite sobering. Only a few good things today.. the few scenes Beth had were great, as ussual.. when the doctor walks in and she says through tears.. "I'm not ready yet!" Wonderful. Rikaart did fine in his little time with Colleen.... and Melody did well in teh chapel scene with Morrow, but DAMN, could he have been more poker-faced in that scene? I think if I were in that scene, I'd have grabbed his balls just to see if he was awake. (What am I saying, I'd have just grabbed his balls for the hell of it! LOL)And you know, Lily's DIALOGUE was touching and lovely if you'd read it on PAPER, but Kahlil acting it out? Flatter than a crepe. And in that scene with Goddard on the couch... wiping away tears that AREN'T THERE?? who is this bitch trying to fool? Can't she have a small bottle of saline solution and dribble a bit of FAKE tears before the cameras roll? SH!T. And seeing tomtorrow's previews, I've think I've determined what bothers me about Muhney... I think it's his MANNERISMS, the looking down and squinting crap, it's always the same. I have to say it, he looks bad next to John Rubenstein, who is seasoned and accomplished.

Archived