Proposed Soaps Over The Years

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So would I. I'd never heard of it. That title seems odd. For some reason it reminds me of that Jamie Foxx character on In Living Color.

1971 might have been a little too late, as that was when the country was starting to flee from wanting to talk about race.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

In August 78, ABC officially announced it was developing a new soap 'The Best Years' from Annn Marcus.It involved the love triangles of parents,students and teachers of a Southern California beachtown high school community. Headwriters will be Joyce Perry and Ray Goldstone,all then working on Days.

This is the first I ever read about this.I wonder if ABC had it in development due to GH almost being cancelled in late 77.Of course,GH had a remarkable comeback but ABC might still have been interested.

• Members

Arleen Sorkin Wrote A Pilot For A Comic Soap Called Dirty Laundry

Days' Calopie and Eguene almost got a spinoff at one point as well

Sandra Dee Robinson Was Cast In A MTV Soap Called Hell House but It Went Nowhere

• Members

Before Creating The Real world Its Creators and MTV wanted To Create The nets First Daytime Drama But When That Became Clear it Would cost MTV Too Much Cash They Retooled the concept & created The Real World

• Members

RW really began as sort of a "scripted reality" show like The Hills. They got seven strangers and gave them character personas to take on as well as storylines to play. They decided that they didn't need to do all of that because the seven people on their own could create enough drama, so they scrapped the cast they had assembled and started all over again with the first season.

Archived