Proposed Soaps Over The Years

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If U get The VHS/DVD Of The Real World Reunion: Inside/Out From 1996, They show Clips Of The Original Pilot. One Of The castmembers In The Pilot Later voiced The Role Of Daria On Beavis & Butthead & Daria On MTV. She Is The Blonde In the Pilot

• Members

Very interesting I didn't know that. Thanks! I swear, the RW is perhaps THE show that makes me feel old/reminds me that I'm aging. I remember those first few seasons when the cast felt considerably older. I can hardly believe Pedro was that young when he passed.

• Members

Actually the period piece created by John William and Joyce Corrington was called REUNION and was set in the antebellum South during the period of Reconstruction after the Civil War. Due to the runaway success of DALLAS, NBC had the Corringtons to morph their creation into what was supposed to be a daytime version of the primetime hit.

• Members

Since ABC Just Picked Up The PT Reboot Of Charlie's Angels I Thought Ud Like to know that a CA Pilot was done in 88 staring Halle Berry

A Hotel Reboot Pilot was shot In 2002 with Jay Kenneth Johnson

A Dark Shadows Pilot In 2004 With Alexis Thorpe

A Witches Of Eastwick Pilot In 2003 With Marcia Cross and Jonathan Bennett

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

More Info On Claire Labine's Lois and Ned Spin-off Taken place of the city

Ned and Lois Move To Benhenherst

The Ceruillos would have been fleshed out, more family added

Helen Gallagher Of Ryan's Hope (Maeve Ryan) Would have playe Lois' Grandma

Jane Elliot Would have moved Tracy To Beneherst with Dillon

The show would have been called, Heart & Soul

• Members

Thanks for the extra info. I wish we'd seen that.

This may already be known but a Daytime TV or Afternoon TV from the early 70's says that Ann Marcus would have created the Mary Worth soap.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Not sure if this thread is mostly to talk about daytime soaps, but a January 92 Digest talks a bit about a Jackie Collins soap for primetime I don't think ever happened. CBS ordered a pilot and six episodes of Jackie Collins' Sunset West. Jackie created the show. It would have taken place in a Los Angeles apartment building. The show would have been about the tenants - "a limo driver, a male model, an aging starlet, a beauty salon owner and other Hollywood types. The series will spotlight the building owner's love-hate relationship with a beautiful photojournalist."

• Members

Yeah Sunset west was an aaron spelling show but he and collins couldnt agree so the show didnt happen

Same happened with Judith Krantz Scruples as a daily soap, Krantz and the network had disagreements and show died

• Members

NBC was interested in a days saturday morning spin-off involving the teens called Salem High. That went no where but JER suggested the same thing for the teens of Passions but NBC said No cause Passions was not doing well ratings wise.

Archived