Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Still hiding. Come out of the closet and tell us your name, so we can get a sense you are legit. Otherwise it's a childish game, where nothing said can be deemed to have any value. Why are you allowing me this power? If you had just said "Hi I am Mike" and tried to be civil, even if your name was something else, that would have been a positive step forward. But instead you are choosing to convey to us that you have no manners. Ultimately you're just a made up name on the internet who means nothing. Why would you allow yourself to mean nothing? I don't get that at all.

• Members

I didn't know until Errol said it the other day that he's apparently left most board moderation up to literally just Toups. At that rate we'll be told to "just ignore him" for nine months until Toups gets done reading the ratings.

Seeing as you are now sticking up for the word "Aryan" post-World War II, let me just tell you that using your full name on the Internet in 2018 is a big mistake for you if someone comes along more vindictive than any of us. And I'm saying that as a Jew.

Edited by Vee

• Members

One thing that always seemed fuzzy to me was how did she get from Florida to Italy to San Christobel to Goshen? All that traveling and she never saw fit to go back to Springfield to see Josh, Marah or Shayne? It seemed like different headwriters came up with different versions of where she had been during that five year period when she was off screen (1990 to 1995). And if you try to put it all together and make a coherent timeline of it, it's nearly impossible.

I did love the whole San Christobel arc, so that's the version I choose to go with, even though there are holes in some of that. I like to think that when the car went off the bridge in Florida, some fisherman must have found her in the water and took her to San Christobel. Still we were never told how she actually met Richard and became Princess Catherine.

Edited by JarrodMFiresofLove

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

A research paper that has been approved, that will be published, that I am now preparing a conference presentation for, and that I got to interview personally for several hours two major soap opera headwriters for--just to be clear.  Oh and, cards on the table, one that you PMed me about earlier today for God knows what reason with this veiled threat (promise?) and I quote:

" It seems like you are back in attack mode. You do know that I won't be able to support your research project after this. There's a consequence. I thought you were more intelligent and level-headed. "

I have no idea how you were ever going to "support" my research, and why I should be concerned that you no longer will, but.  Yeah yeah, Jean Rouverol was a professor of yours, and she gave you a copy of some unproduced soap from Robert J Shaw, but really I have no idea how that would help or support me--particularly since the emphasis of my research in the end--and this was partly due to the suggestion of both major soap HWs I spoke to who found the idea compelling and not sufficiently explored in soap research, has to do with an aspect of soaps that you have already complained on here that people are focusing too much on.  So cheers!

• Webmaster

Warnings have been submitted and the issue should be resolving itself.

As for the ignore button issue, I've been investigating and it appears the ignore feature not working is a widespread issue among other Invision Power Board. So far there has been no updates from Invision on a resolution. I'll keep everyone posted when I have more, or a resolution.