Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Hey thanks!!  it's not a completely done deal yet, I still have the whole defense/presentation bit in two weeks (20 minute presentation/lecture followed by an *hour* of question and answers with the three chosen profs--one of whom I know will constantly bring the question back to why I'm even talking about soaps, but I'll be prepared...)

And yeah--I have huge holes in my GL knowledge and so when I am curious about a character, going to those videos is better than any write-up I've found.

• Members

Was it every Friday they'd show them? Or every other Friday? I can't remember. I remember I'd watch the photos and name off who I liked and who I couldn't stand. And sometimes I'd notice how old some were compared to others (I think Maureen Garrett or Jerry ver Dorn had the same one for all the years they did the crawl). I always remember how gorgeous the shot of Vince Williams was. That shot represents so much of what made the GL of that era special.

• Members

My god watching that Richard bio reminded me how bad all that San Cristobel crap was. Just laughable. Were viewers meant to care who ruled a country no one they cared about lived in? Personally I barely care when characters run for mayor on soaps. I can't imagine caring about some unknown monarchy in some Caribbean island (full of white people).

• Members

I was a young viewer at the time with no background at CBS - I had come up with OLTL, GH and AMC as relatively grounded and mostly solid soaps for much of the '90s. The shitty Rauch lighting, tacky blondes, middle aged screaming people and fake kingdom drove me away. ATWT wasn't much better at the time.