Search For Tomorrow Discussion Thread

• Members

Ruby mostly was with Lloyd and Stephanie in the stuff I've seen, but the pre-AOL material is spotty in places. Summer of 1983 is definitely one of them. I believe there was initially some build up to the owner of the paper. I want to say both Lloyd and Stephanie were separately trying to buy it because the owner had died and the widow was looking to sell it. In the character's backstory, Ruby and Stephanie had both vied, I believe, for the newspaper owner, but Ruby had won out. Given where the story was heading, I think the show was just using Ruby to help set up more situations for Lloyd and Stephanie, who I suspect were the show's longterm goal. I think the Steve stuff was more foundational than longterm. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

She was a favorite of Aaron Spelling’s, guest starring on his shows like TJ Hooker and Fantasy Island. She appeared a couple of times on Fantasy Island as a mermaid and Spelling proposed a spinoff for her. She was also a recurring guest star on Hotel during its fourth season, playing the concierge.

• Members

Ina May 79 Variety article CBS daytime changes were discussed.

Mike Ogiens vp daytime announced expansion of Y&R due to loss of MASH reruns in daytime and suffering  in not programming at 1pm.

The new lineup

noon Local

12.30 - 1.30 Y&R

1.30 - 2.30 ATWT

2.30 - 3,30 GL 

3.30 - 4 SFT

4 - 4.30 LOL

So Search was originally scheduled for 3.30. Wonder if that would have made any difference?

• Members

@victoria foxton @slick jones @Paul Raven  @vetsoapfan @amybrickwallace

I'd never seen this episode before. Does anyone know the exact year? The uploader says 1960 but they say  in the summary that it's a '60s episode so I wondered if they were guessing. 1960 could make sense as Lynn Loring looks close to the age she would have been when she left. 

Larry Hagman is also in this - IMDB has him as being on in 1957 and also being named "Curt" (his name is Cliff). It's not letting me correct. If anyone else can please do so.