Search For Tomorrow Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Why does he write a script if he is going to mess it up so badly? Especially with factual errors that LP corrected (kindly).

Otherwise, barring the LP freezes that sometimes led to overtalking, I enjoyed the conversation very much. They are both awesome and lovely and are good friends in real life which helps in those double-interviews.
Loved Maree's anecdote on Mary Stuart. I don't know if she intended it that way but it said a lot.

• Members

From the way she told the story I think it was actually the first time she met Mary Stuart which makes it even more ... special.
She started by saying she was terrified of Mary Stuart when she started (and later said she was terrified of her all throughout lol).

Then the anecdote: Maree mentioned that the CBS studio was very cold so she liked to wear big fluffly slippers. Their dressing rooms were upstairs and the set downstairs so there would be a lot of climbing the stairs up and down to go to rehearsals and blocking etc.
So she did the trip with curlers still in her hair and her big slippers and when Mary Stuart saw her (and again this seems to be the first time they had met, or shortly after they met), she said: "So THIS is our sex symbol?".
And from Maree's delivery, Stuart didn't say it in a cheeky teasing way but in a condescending manner. I think Maree's face when mimicking Stuart telling her that says everything that needs to be said about the way it was intended.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

Thank you for sharing!   Maree has told this story before.  It seems to be the only story she is willing to share about Mary.   Nobody else from SFT will share even that much.   Most of the time, when asked about Mary -- members of the cast respond with vague comments such as "Oh, dear Mary," or "Sweet Mary, what a joy."   Nothing specific whatsoever.    I have heard genuinely positive comments about Mary from members of the Guiding Light cast, but nothing more than vague comments from anyone connected with Search for Tomorrow.    

• Members

I think on SFT, it seemed like Mary viewed it as her show...and she felt protective of it.

And I'd always figured LP used Vivian Leigh and Elizabeth Taylor as models when molding both Ava and Lila..so I was glad she confirmed it.

And I liked that both women had a lot to say so Alan didn't rail road them either with his pointless babbling.  It seems like SFT was not a show he knew much about...and that's a good thing.

And Maree's tale about Irna Phillips was funny.