Search For Tomorrow Discussion Thread

• Members

The episode seems to take place after summer school, and Lynn Loring left in 1961 (unless that info is wrong), so I was guessing late summer of 1960 or maybe 1959 (?). I hope someone can help us out. He definitely introduces himself as Cliff, unless that was a line flub and he called himself Curt elsewhere. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So good to see a new ep posted. Means there is more classic stuff out there.

Ted and Millicent are listed as being on 57-58 as is Larry Hagman.

Lynn Loring would have been 13/14 in 57/58 but Patti may have been aged up a bit to be part of more adult storylines.

Pity there were no credits as we don't know who played Ted.

Larry was channeling his Junior JR Ewing here with that look at Patti at the end.

Loved Patti offering him a ciggie-already becoming the perfect hostess. Ted was puffing away earlier also.

It looks like they were hinting that Patti would become enamored of Cliff and he would take advantage. 

As  for the confusion with Cliff/Curt a lot of info printed in books about old soaps has turned out to be wrong-dates.names etc.

Maybe the wonderful Jam can find some newspaper articles that refer to these characters that might verify things.

• Members

On the other hand, Patti mentions a new physician, Dr. Walton, to Ted, and that character is listed as debuting in 1960.

Tracking down exact dates for vintage soaps can be challenging, but I am so glad to see a "new" episode like this pop up, even if its timeframe is murky. 

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

• Members

Looks like the uploader said  earlier today that they had looked at the kinescope date and it was  August 31, 1960. So I guess it was  either that date or it was sold to another country at a later date... (although the  GL is next part  may make that less  likely, I don't know).

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I tried to find some info about Larry on SFT and could find none. His first tv gig ever was in January 1957 and by 1961 he was playing Ed Gibson on Edge of Night. Apparently they were giving Larry more to do because John Larkin as Mike Karr was planning to leave the show in Oct 1961. 

• Members

I saw some clip with Patti paralized in youtube some years ago...so I suppose that episode also exists....the episode with Larry Hagman is 31 August 1960....some fans had it and some people sell it in some soap lists and circles. I hope more episodes from the 60s pop up in youtube