Search For Tomorrow Discussion Thread

• Members

Well, the story, or backstory, of Lloyd and Estelle was rewritten constantly. Estelle was initially named Aileen, when she was an offscreen character whom the newly introduced Lloyd was in the process of divorcing.  Far from “dead.”

Edited by antmunoz
Wrong name

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I wouldn't think so. Even if asked I don't think Meg would be interested in going to a low rated NY based show.

Was Meg writing for Y&R at this point?

Meg was from a different era of the show.

She portrayed Liza Walton Kaslo who seemed like a different character to Liza Sentell.

Only Larry Haines remained of her family from her time on the show.

• Members

And wasn’t Martin revealed to have been the father of Steve, thus making only Michael, Alec, Chase and Rebecca full siblings?

Even TR’s name—The Runaway, morphed into Theresa Regina, yet born Rebecca Kendall. Estelle is calling her Theresa, not Rebecca, at the end of the series. 

• Members

I think Rebecca was named Theresa Regina by the people who kidnapped her. 

I assumed Estelle called her Theresa to honor that, since TR never really responded to Rebecca.  It was awkward. 

There may be an episode that clears this all up, but I’ve yet to rediscover it. 

• Members

I guess it depends on what age TR was when she left the Kendall home. I assumed she had been kidnapped. If she was just a small child, she would have changed a lot physically by the time she was 16 when she crossed paths with Lloyd again. 

I always thought the runaway part occurred after she ran away from her second set of parents (the Hawkins), before she met Liza & Travis. I could be mistaken on this. In the family therapy episode that aired in June 1985, she says that Mr. Hawkins died...so maybe that is how she wound up on the streets prior to living with the Sentells.

If she had been kidnapped as a small child, how would she have remembered the Kendalls and known she could go back to them?

• Members

TR used to sing a lullaby in French to Elan. This was a song she remembered her mother (Estelle) singing to her as a baby/young child.  Some things stayed with her, some things did not. 

I wouldn’t recognize a 16 year old that I hadn’t seen since they were a baby. But not recognizing people on soaps is not uncommon, especially if it serves the plot. 

• Members

And I think you're right: I vaguely recollect the name Theresa Regina being used at some point.

I didn't realize that Joanna had been used for the name of Lloyd's wife at one point. That's now the second character named Joanne whose name was changed. Sometime in 1983, Billy Lewis' ex-wives were referenced as Dina and Joanna. When ex-wife #2 arrived, she was known as Reva.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...