Search For Tomorrow Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@amybrickwallace @NothinButAttitude @Forever8 Guys have you been enjoy the episodes? I've been enjoying them. Rusty's well orchestrated manipulations. To destroy Liza & Travis marriage were pretty good. Had no idea that Jo was falling for Rusty. Also of note Wendy isn't the vixen she was later. 

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

I haven't watched the 1982-1983 episodes that were posted. There is a bit more there than what I have already seen. This covers the tail end of Ralph Ellis and Eugenie Hunt's year and the first half of David Cherrill's six month run. 

@victoria foxtonI like how Rusty Sentell goes about messing with Liza. Rusty is interesting to me. Clearly, he is intended to be a Stefano Dimera type and sweeps into Henderson and is placed in a bunch of different stories. His connection to Warren (don't want to spoil for those currently watching) solidifies his role as a supervillain. In what I saw, the connection between Jenny and Rusty never went anywhere. I imagine that Ellis and Hunt planned to have Rusty be part of the time she forgot, but I don't think that ever played out. I think the potential of pitting Martin against Rusty was intriguing, and Rusty is basically replaced by Lloyd Kendall in that way which I think was a smart move. I think Rusty's motivation for hating Liza is a bit convoluted. 

As I probably said when I watched these episodes a while back, I think Hunt and Ellis still wrote a show that I reocgnize as a P&G style show. Lots of conversation despite the infusion of lengthy action sequences. A very stark tone. A slower pace. Cherrill seems to be the transition to a much more NBC style serial. More humor, more plot, and a faster pace. By the tailend of those episodes, Freddy Barthlowmeow is on his final month as EP to be replaced by Joanna Lee at the end of March 1983. 

Cyndy Gibbs is fun as Suzy. I felt there was a really nice moment in December 1982 where she is practicing her ballet to Sheena Easton's Modern Girl that just really set the tone for what the character should be. Unfortunately, in most of what I've seen (and there are gaps), Suzy becomes less of a character with agency and more of a character who things happen to under subsequent writers. 

• Members

I'm going in order with episodes (2 Episodes in) 

Is it just me or were telegraphing Stu had a thing for Jenny? Especially, with those scenes with Stu and the little girl (who was she?{ talking about age-differences. 

These set of episodes do have a P&G feeling towards them. 

Your assessment on the writing styles is spot on. I actually like the Hunt's P&G style. How long was the Hunt's run. I like what they set up. Cherrill seems to have continued. What the Hunts had start. With that NBC flavor.  The transition between the Hunt's and Cherril isn't jarring.

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

Thank you!

While you could see he loathed her, I got the sense in a lot of scenes that he would've bedded her had Liza been down. 

And again, I feel these episodes are too Jenny heavy. I am loving them but goodness. TPTB were adamant with shoving her down our throats. At least they were smart to latch her to the Bergmans in order for us to somewhat care. 

Can someone shed light on the timeline with Lee, Sunny, and Dane? From recaps I've read, it was always like Lee left town with Sissy and their baby; however, he's still on the canvas and still somewhat in Sunny's orbit.