Search For Tomorrow Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Either way I think we've poked a serious hole in another soap opera myth.

Added to the list that Eileen Fulton was probably never slapped on the streets of New York by a fan, Phyllis Diller was not Susan Lucci's mother, and Maree never got fired because she joked about Gary Tomlin being caught in a tornado.

Edited by j swift

• Members

WHAT? I heard some wild ones but I never heard that one. May I ask who - obviously knowing it is not true? 
And that is a fun idea for a thread. I won't have much to contribute as I don't personally that much gossip but I am sure I will read it avidly

Please register in order to view this content

Should we add "Mary Stuart was a monster" to the urban legend pile? lol 

• Members

She was. She replied that it was “different” and that she obviously didn’t have the same connection with Louise (who was not mentioned by name). 

Eileen Davidson. 

Mary speaks well of Maree in her book. She took her home one night after Maree’s mom passed away; wouldn’t let Maree be alone. 

I think Mary is as much of a monster as Victoria Wyndham, who also tried to save “her” show for years, to no avail. Perhaps they were “difficult” because they fought so hard and ultimately lost. 

• Members

I can't see where that rumor could have come from. Not that we'd necessarily "know" but there is nothing about ED that looks.... Anyway thanks for telling me

Please register in order to view this content

And don't forget being women.
In any case, the line is indeed very thin between being demanding for good reasons and being a "diva". Between caring deeply and passionately and being difficult. Etc.
But it is only a certain type of women that get branded that way which says all that needs to be said.
It doesn't mean it is not possible that some of them *are* crossing lines but I tend to approach those rumors with an extra dose of eyebrow-raised because we know how it works in show-business.